Bills Bar Hartford, CT?

That's No Moon

I am not aware of anything in Hartford.  Maybe closer to New Haven?  Oddly, Vinny’s Roast Beef in Wallingford had Beef on Weck that I remember being pretty good but not a place you could watch the game.  As far as sports it was mainly  UCONN/ Pats(Brady)/Sox …. all else irrelevant and unworthy 

I didn't know about Tavern House.   It's certainly worth a try.   It's probably 40 minutes from Meriden.  

I didn't know Anna Liffey's was still there, or that it still had the Bills games on.  Small, but the times I was there the fans were ardent.  

I used to go to Chicago Sam's in Cromwell - not a Bills bar, but plenty of TVs and a fun place to watch games.   I don't know what their crowd will be like on Thursday.   A lot of Giants and Pats fans in the area, so some will naturally be rooting against the Bills. 

Hey dude, I'm from Buffalo but I live in Milford CT. Anna Liffeys in New Haven closed. But we made an awesome Bills Backers group of Southern CT. We meet at a place called My Bar in Milford CT at 12 Broad Street, Milford CT 06460. Check out our Facebook page. We get a ton of turnout

https://m.facebook.com/groups/319791058228928/

4 hours ago, That's No Moon said:

I'm going to be in Meriden on Thursday. Any places I can go with my 16 y/o to be with like minded individuals?

3 hours ago, Augie said:

You should maybe be more careful with your wording. There may be some wiseacres out there!   :)

Son, daughter, girlfriend, spouse, sugar baby. sugar son? 

Bottom line is that Connecticut is not thick with Bills fans.  It's the heart of Giants and Patriots country, with some Jets fans thrown in.  The cost of living is pretty high here, so most people leaving WNY for a better job don't find CT to be an affordable destination.  Still, wear your Bills stuff and you get a "Go Bills!"  from time to time.  We were in Newport a couple of weeks ago and met Bills fans from Newington.  A few years ago I met James Lofton's cousin, a big Bills fan who lives in Meriden.  

I've never been to Shea's.  They advertised on TV a lot a couple of years ago, because they have a big patio, so they could support a lot of outdoor dining in good weather during the pandemic.  I definitely will drop by to see what the action is like, and may even catch a game there.  The problem is, I've been spoiled by the Harp.  An hour and a half drive to be in a big place packed with Bills fans is worth it compared to a 15 minute drive to a place where half the patrons are Pats and Giants fans.  But maybe I'm wrong - if we can fill Shea's for Bills game, I'd be a regular.  

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.