Jane Fonda Battling Cancer

Gugny

My thoughts are with her. 

Just completed six months of chemotherapy for Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma myself. Chemo and its effects weren't much fun, but also weren't as bad as I expected.

Currently cancer free and fingers crossed I stay that way. Here's hoping for the same outcome for Ms Fonda, whose decades of activism make her a great asset to the human race.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 9
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Remember her at the gates of Hooker Chemical.  She was right then to bring attention to Love Canal (tho I would argue that Hooker was not to blame) but going to Hanoi was a big mistake.  Love that she befriended Dolly Parton filming 9 to five.  On Golden Pond was a great movie with her dad.  Wish her the best and that it's indolent.

Edited by redtail hawk

1 hour ago, I am the egg man said:

Maybe because I saw her in “Barbarella” before she mouthed off in the early ‘70’s, I never thought of her as anything significant, except attractive.

BW

I like looking at her in Barbarella, but she’s excellent in her next 2 movies, They Shoot Horses, Don’t They and Klute.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Rico said:

I like looking at her in Barbarella, but she’s excellent in her next 2 movies, They Shoot Horses, Don’t They and Klute.

Again, just never watched much of her work. Don’t doubt she had some sound acting chops.

I wouldn’t base her acting career on Barbarella and Nine to Five.

…..again, best wishes to her for successful treatments and results.

3 hours ago, Rico said:

She is a really great actress.  "They Shoot Horsed Don't They?" is one of my all-time favorite movies.  The documentary that HBO did about her, a few years ago ("Jane Fonda In Five Acts") was really great.

btw- if you haven't seen it, check out "Joy House".  It is a French film she did in 1964, with Alan Delon.  A good thriller!

Edited by Buftex
  • Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, Rico said:

That wasn’t very nice. :( 

She has apologized for what happened in the past.

http://publicapologycentral.com/apologia-archive/celebrity-2/jane-fonda/

She apologized for being so stupid that she was in that horrible picture.

In that link she never mentioned calling US Servicemen "war criminals," and "murderers" and suggesting they deserved execution.

She did that more than once in radio Hanoi programs.

I wish her no ill, but she never really apologized for her treason, and aiding and abetting an enemy is the very definition of that.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, sherpa said:

In that link she never mentioned calling US Servicemen "war criminals," and "murderers" and suggesting they deserved execution.

I wish her no ill, but she never really apologized for her treason, and aiding and abetting an enemy is the very definition of that.

And she should have at least served some time for that. A lot of Nam  era  servicemen want to know where she will be buried so they can pee on her grave.

Edited by Wacka
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Our collective diversity of opinion on her is warranted.  She got more thoughtful and measured as she progressed through life.  I don't want to make this a LAMP but through a job at Turner Broadcasting, I traveled around Russia sporadically with her for a couple of months in the early 90's around the 1994 Goodwill Games.  She really had grown to appreciate a free society and those that protected it. 

To this day, I really, really think highly of her.  She funded and set up western style OBGYN clinics in Moscow and Saint Petersburg in a country where Women's health issues were ignored.  She spent millions of her money (not Ted's).

When my Dad found out I was working with Hanoi Jane it was the closest he came to disowning me...God rest his soul.  

I hope she kicks cancer's ass like she does aerobic workouts...

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

On 9/4/2022 at 4:30 AM, sherpa said:

How did she aid and abet?

On 9/4/2022 at 7:24 AM, Wacka said:

And she should have at least served some time for that. A lot of Nam  era  servicemen want to know where she will be buried so they can pee on her grave.

Even with cancer, she's probably in a lot better shape than a lot of Vietnam vets - thanks to the country they fought for.

On 9/3/2022 at 8:05 AM, johndhall1 said:

On behalf of all viet nam veterans I wish her a slow and horrible death.

It's been 50 years. 

It might do you some good to let go of the anger you're holding in your heart towards the stranger you never met.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.