CFB Playoff Expansion to 12 teams approved

YoloinOhio

On 1/10/2023 at 10:13 AM, GunnerBill said:

The problem with that though is schedules, not playoffs. You are treating the symptom, not the cause. You have to have the regular season matter, so wins and losses have to matter. TCU earned that spot even if they were totally ill-equipped to compete.

Control of scheduling needs to be taken out of the hands of the colleges IMO and run centrally. That way even if you want to keep the conference play for historical reasons (again, I'd start with a blank sheet of paper and scrap it) you can ensure that there is genuine cross conference competition. 

Now on this we can agree.  No more Austin Peay BS.  Prove it during the regular season.  I don’t think you can make everyone play everyone every year, but the top conference teams should have at least two viable teams from other top conferences per year.  

Personally, I’d also either scrap the conference title games or compel all conferences to have them.  Some having them and some not, makes no sense.

4 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

Personally, I’d also either scrap the conference title games or compel all conferences to have them.  Some having them and some not, makes no sense.

I said the above months ago. There should no longer be conference title games. How many games should these kids play and risk injury and the loss of millions of dollars? I know that they get paid now (NIL) but they are still not pros.

16 hours ago, Bill from NYC said:

I said the above months ago. There should no longer be conference title games. How many games should these kids play and risk injury and the loss of millions of dollars? I know that they get paid now (NIL) but they are still not pros.

It is an outdated process (conference titles) but I'll never buy this "risk injury" nonsense. Why even play? How about the kids only play against teams like UL-Monroe or Arkansas State?  Or how about they just play enough to show their talent then call it a year? 5 games in? Great numbers? Quit and hope to get drafted high.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.