Von Miller’s pass rush strategy: “I honestly feel like I’m on offense”

YoloinOhio

Just now, H2o said:

I like the fact that Saffold has familiarity of facing Donald every day in practice from his time with the Rams. Donald is unblockable at times, but I hope that Saffold has some insights which will benefit the rest of the OL. 

Saffold has never been a particularly good pass blocker though. 

• Like (+1) 1

my first thought when I read the thread title was rawrrr that is radical. At least the thought of a defender with that mindset. Of course there are certain situations like bull rushing the OLine to get a sack.  Or when a DB tries to make n  interception. They are clearly trying to win their assignment in the Bills favor.   The MLB aka the defensive shotcaller I think has to have a more defensive mindset. But I had never really thought of a Defensive lineman with an offensive mindset. Get the job done and and rack up individual positive stats on the offensive...Offensive to the offensive lines sensibilities...who is the Alpha in this situation. It's Von Miller.

rawrrrrr 

Edited by muppy

49 minutes ago, eball said:

I’ll say what I say every time somebody worries about another team…they also have to play US. I don’t think their defense is slowing Josh down.

Agree, we beat them the last time we played them, and Josh has gotten better since that game, Kromer has some insight on that D, and will plan accordingly, 👍

Edited by Don Otreply

1 hour ago, Don Otreply said:

And that’s exactly the way to envision it, it’s an Attack mentality, read the offense and attack,

Go Bills!!!

I always felt Leslie’s Ds lacked aggressiveness. Hopefully Leslie just didn’t have the ammo to do it. Did Jerry Hughes hit a wall or be told to push the LT back?

We’ll see….

One of the more interesting things for me to see this season is if Von is able to help push the front 7 or I guess front 6 for buffalo to a higher level. I don’t expect him to have a 20 sack DPOY kinda season or anything, but if adding him gets most of the other guys playing at a higher level I’ll be a happy camper. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, billybrew1 said:

I always felt Leslie’s Ds lacked aggressiveness. Hopefully Leslie just didn’t have the ammo to do it. Did Jerry Hughes hit a wall or be told to push the LT back?

We’ll see….

I would think that any decent defense is a combination of containing an opposing offense and attacking that offense, Beane didn’t pay all that money to bring Von in to play contain, Von also knows he’s not gonna get a sack every snap and that pressure is a valid outcome, provided all the other lineman are doing there bit in conjunction with their on the field leader, Von after all is the one setting the tone, as you said, we shall see, 🤞

Under the radar, but if Jordan Phillips can rediscover the magic he had rushing the passer from the inside that he had a couple of years ago, combined with Miller and an improved Rousseau (and throw in some Oliver, DaQuan, and Settle), this could be the best Bills D-line we've seen in years.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, brianthomas said:

When's the last time we had a bonafide premiere talent on the edge? Mario WIlliams?  Bruce?

Its gonna be something else watching our front 4 wreak havoc on olines. Cant wait to see how it affects the rest of our D

Mario, but he didn’t have the mental part down

17 minutes ago, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

I'm not sure if your'e meaning the whole time he was here, or maybe just during the Rex era. I thought he had mental part down just fine until Rex took over.....

I didn’t get the sense that he approached his game the way Von does from a mental perspective

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

I didn’t get the sense that he approached his game the way Von does from a mental perspective

I got ya.... that doesn't mean he didn't have any mental part down. Many doesn't approach the game like Von. Each player approaches many aspects of the game differently in their own way, including mental.

But I thought he had a clear change in mentality shortly after Rex came along.. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.