NFL’s top triplets for 2022

BillsFan619

• BillsFan619 changed the title to NFL’s top triplets for 2022
Just now, eball said:

I can’t get the video to play, but who were 1 and 2?  

Bengals - Burrow, Chase, Mixon

Bucs - Brady, Evans, Fournette

I think Brady is going to have a terrible year. Gisele is mad at him, didn't want him to go back to the NFL, and she is a literal witch.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

3rd feels high because Singletary is a pretty middle of the road starting back but then I am struggling to think who else I'd put higher. Probably Herbert, Eckler, Allen but that is the only one I can think of. 

Cousins, Jefferson, Cook might be one…but every time I think of Cousins I say “ugh.”  He does put up the numbers though.

6 minutes ago, eball said:

Cousins, Jefferson, Cook might be one…but every time I think of Cousins I say “ugh.”  He does put up the numbers though.

Yea that was my first thought, but I decided you have to weight it QB 50%, RB 25%, WR 25%.... and therefore while the difference between Allen and Cousins might be similar to the difference between Cook and Singletary you have the weigh the former more heavily than the latter. 

2 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Yea that was my first thought, but I decided you have to weight it QB 50%, RB 25%, WR 25%.... and therefore while the difference between Allen and Cousins might be similar to the difference between Cook and Singletary you have the weigh the former more heavily than the latter. 

A lot of teams are RB by committee. Whenever these rankings come out, I think to myself that they really shouldn't limit it to just QB/WR/RB, but also QB/WR/TE or QB/TE/RB or whatever

1 hour ago, LeGOATski said:

Bengals - Burrow, Chase, Mixon

Bucs - Brady, Evans, Fournette

I think Brady is going to have a terrible year. Gisele is mad at him, didn't want him to go back to the NFL, and she is a literal witch.

we've read that here since 2009

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, LeGOATski said:

A lot of teams are RB by committee. Whenever these rankings come out, I think to myself that they really shouldn't limit it to just QB/WR/RB, but also QB/WR/TE or QB/TE/RB or whatever

Agreed - if you make it a quadruple or switch the RB for a TE and include Knox then it’s a different proposition.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

3rd feels high because Singletary is a pretty middle of the road starting back but then I am struggling to think who else I'd put higher. Probably Herbert, Eckler, Allen but that is the only one I can think of. 

I thought that too initially.  But Singletary has had a high ypc career average.  I think if he doesn't always have to split his carries so much, he's a 1,000 yard back.

2 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

I’m definitely not Singletary’s biggest fan, but he’s average to above-average at pretty much everything, and I can definitely see the Bills using him as the workhorse if he continues his strong play from end of last season. 

He almost always makes the first guy miss in the open field.  

His biggest downside is lacking that long speed so it’s a lot of doubles and never any home runs. 

1 minute ago, SCBills said:

I’m definitely not Singletary’s biggest fan, but he’s average to above-average at pretty much everything, and I can definitely see the Bills using him as the workhorse if he continues his strong play from end of last season. 

He almost always makes the first guy miss in the open field.  

His biggest downside is lacking that long speed so it’s a lot of doubles and never any home runs. 

Yea, average. Middle of the road. Same difference. He is a starting running back in the NFL so clearly that in itself is special, but within the subset of "NFL starting running backs" he is average.  

37 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I thought that too initially.  But Singletary has had a high ypc career average.  I think if he doesn't always have to split his carries so much, he's a 1,000 yard back.

With his size and running style I’d worry about him carrying that big of a workload. I think his workload has been calculated and is in a good place for him. 

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

With his size and running style I’d worry about him carrying that big of a workload. I think his workload has been calculated and is in a good place for him. 

I think he should absolutely be able to handle 15-20 carries per game (if that’s what the game calls for).  He’s a bigger body than most give credit for. 

I’d also think Singletary wants that to show teams around the league that he deserves to get paid in the off-season.  

Bills seem to be high on Moss, and of course have Cook in the mix, so I don’t see why we’d balk at limiting his workload in a contract year / likely his last year in a Bills uniform. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.