CFB Week 1

YoloinOhio

Great game between Penn State and Purdue!  After throwing a pick 6, Clifford came back and engineered a game winning drive.  Defense came up big to stop Purdue in the last minute.  The tight ends in this game for both teams were outstanding.  Need to keep an eye on them for the future.

10 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

Did not age well

Gundy let off the gas when we were up 55-15. I left the stadium (have a 3 hour drive home, 5:30 a.m. wake up). He started rotating 12 at DL and put in most of the 2nd string secondary.... let CMU score 22 in the 4th. Otherwise, it should have been 62-22 or something. 

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, jkeerie said:

Great game between Penn State and Purdue!  After throwing a pick 6, Clifford came back and engineered a game winning drive.  Defense came up big to stop Purdue in the last minute.  The tight ends in this game for both teams were outstanding.  Need to keep an eye on them for the future.

Clifford needs to go get a real job like every other 30 year old.  The freshman looked poised and ready to play.  He stands tall in the pocket and scans the field while Cliffy has happy feet and generally chooses one side of the field to throw to.  Let the kid play!!

Penn state has the most predictable offense in CFB.  Run, run, pass, punt.  I don't know if its bad Oline play or scheme but the woes in the run game continue.  It would be nice to see them test the boundary once and a while instead of running everything right up the gut.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Jauronimo said:

Clifford needs to go get a real job like every other 30 year old.  The freshman looked poised and ready to play.  He stands tall in the pocket and scans the field while Cliffy has happy feet and generally chooses one side of the field to throw to.  Let the kid play!!

Penn state has the most predictable offense in CFB.  Run, run, pass, punt.  I don't know if its bad Oline play or scheme but the woes in the run game continue.  It would be nice to see them test the boundary once and a while instead of running everything right up the gut.

Clifford/Allar reminds me of the Barrett/Haskins/Burrow situation at Ohio state except Barrett hardly ever lost so he had that going for him. PSU was 11-11 in their last 22 headed into that game last night. They do have a filthy secondary. 

allar is a stud. He would have been at Ohio state if not for Quinn Ewers 

Edited by YoloinOhio

4 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Clifford/Allar reminds me of the Barrett/Haskins/Burrow situation at Ohio state except Barrett hardly ever lost so he had that going for him. PSU was 11-11 in their last 22 headed into that game last night. They do have a filthy secondary. 

allar is a stud. He would have been at Ohio state if not for Quinn Ewers 

I get it that Clifford is a senior (again) and Franklin will let him play out his final year (again!), but Clifford is regressing and the offense relies on big plays.  Unlike when they had Dotson and Hamler, last nights big plays were mostly a result of poor tackling.  Its not sustainable.  Dr. Clifford MD has been with the team for 6 years and has no chance at earning a dime playing football in any semi-pro league out there.  When he left the field last night, I was pretty sure it was because his parents saw him still doing this football thing and called the sideline and told him to grow up and go get a job.  At what point do they let the kid play and move on to the next chapter?

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

I get it that Clifford is a senior (again) and Franklin will let him play out his final year (again!), but Clifford is regressing and the offense relies on big plays.  Unlike when they had Dotson and Hamler, last nights big plays were mostly a result of poor tackling.  Its not sustainable.  Dr. Clifford MD has been with the team for 6 years and has no chance at earning a dime playing football in any semi-pro league out there.  When he left the field last night, I was pretty sure it was because his parents saw him still doing this football thing and called the sideline and told him to grow up and go get a job.  At what point do they let the kid play and move on to the next chapter?

I’m assuming that he knows he’s not an nfl Qb and the longer he stays at Penn st the more NIL he can collect before having to hang it up. But I don’t see him not getting benched this season. Unless he has some dirt on Franklin, which is 100% possible 

47 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I’m assuming that he knows he’s not an nfl Qb and the longer he stays at Penn st the more NIL he can collect before having to hang it up. But I don’t see him not getting benched this season. Unless he has some dirt on Franklin, which is 100% possible 

He’s terrible 

they have do have RS freshmen Christian veilloux who went to local Canisius HS in Buffalo 

I think he is #3 on the DC. Screw allar!

Edited by Buffalo716

1 hour ago, SirAndrew said:

I give college football credit for adding some better week one matchups over the years. Pitt vs West Virginia was great, and there’s some great games coming up this weekend. Michigan vs Colorado State at noon on ABC is reminds me how CFB week one used to drive me crazy. 

It really depends on the school

Some schools like a tough matchup right out of the gate… A lot of the power schools like a tuneup game versus a cupcake

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.