Week 1: Bills at Rams on TNF in NFL Kickoff Game

YoloinOhio

21 minutes ago, Breakout Squad said:

89 and humid in WNY is different than 89 and humid in Miami. That sun is intense. I’ll never forget getting the worst sunburn of my life in February in Ft. Lauderdale. Add on the jersey and pads and sitting in the direct sun on the away sidelines. They have one of the best home field advantages in the NFL

Bills do well dealing with this because the coaching and training staff have experience having to prepare for this.

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Bills do well dealing with this because the coaching and training staff have experience having to prepare for this.

Absolutely. It’s more of my northern boy reaction to high heat and humidity. I sweat more than Deshaun Watson in a confession at  a Catholic Church. 

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

3 hours ago, Since1981 said:

I agree. 

bills recent 89F humid Fisher/ROC/BUF. This is why Miami Hardcrock stadium (early) is never a problem. Hot? we all feel July. Vs  nobody feels -4F :)

We know QB1 won't wilt in the California heat. 

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_1a36.thumb.jpg.9bbf98c2d42dc4cfd37b9da2ff6bf769.jpg

Edited by skibum
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Shocked 1

4 hours ago, Freddie's Dead said:

Watching OBL on the DVR.  Tasker and Brownie are in Water Buffalo hats, like from the Flintstones, LOLL!!

Great Bills hat, my brother has one of those. He keeps it mounted on the wall at his house and wears it on game day, cracks me up. 

5 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I can’t even think about this game. It is too nerve wracking. Why do I enjoy this again? 

Cmon, snap out of it Miyagi. 😂

Edited by Turk71
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

6 hours ago, BigAl2526 said:

Obviously, McDermott and Frazier are aware of what McVay does.  Hopefully, they have some ways to counter it.  The Bills are capable of running press man, man and other kinds of zone coverage, ant McDermott is a master of disguising coverage.  It is not going to be a straight cover 2 the whole game.

I agree that McD and Frazier will have some different wrinkles for them. They know how good McVay is as a play caller and how good their offense is. Should also keep in mind that Stafford will give this secondary some opportunities for turnovers too. Not saying he is a bad or reckless QB at all, but he does take some chances. DBs have to be ready to capitalize on it if given the opportunity. 

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I can’t even think about this game. It is too nerve wracking. Why do I enjoy this again? 

We've been hurt so bad so often, in such public, crushing, nicknamed ways (as recently as earlier this very year). 

It CANNOT get worse than our lifetimes of letdowns. Therefore, it's all upside. No risk, all reward. 

I'm stunned by how well I dealt with last year's end. 

(Denial ain't just a river in Egypt.)

**eyelid twitches** 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, eball said:

Sonebody is still thinking about a Hail Mary and a Josh slip? LOL get bent, man!

Do we really see that play as Josh's poor footing being the problem? He definitely spun the tire, or "slipped," but the left side of his line got absolutely stoned where they stood; his LT in particular got hit by a car in the crosswalk. Morse won HIS rep and Allen should have tunneled behind him. But the bad footing occurred behind the LG/LT, so burrowing behind Morse just wasn't at all what Allen was thinking? DaQuan Jones gave up NO ground to Feliciano, and of course Simmons attacked the inside shoulder of Dawkins with such effect that I'm not sure Allen's footing (given his predetermined "route") really matters or wasn't at least impacted BY the line play.

• Agree 2

5 minutes ago, Richard Noggin said:

Do we really see that play as Josh's poor footing being the problem? He definitely spun the tire, or "slipped," but the left side of his line got absolutely stoned where they stood; his LT in particular got hit by a car in the crosswalk. Morse won HIS rep and Allen should have tunneled behind him. But the bad footing occurred behind the LG/LT, so burrowing behind Morse just wasn't at all what Allen was thinking? DaQuan Jones gave up NO ground to Feliciano, and of course Simmons attacked the inside shoulder of Dawkins with such effect that I'm not sure Allen's footing (given his predetermined "route") really matters or wasn't at least impacted BY the line play.

Well we got rid of Mongo and Daquan is on our side now, so exorcising the demons! 

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Richard Noggin said:

6 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Well we got rid of Mongo and Daquan is on our side now, so exorcising the demons! 

Daquan Jones played for the Panthers last year 

1 hour ago, TheProcess said:

I agree that McD and Frazier will have some different wrinkles for them. They know how good McVay is as a play caller and how good their offense is. Should also keep in mind that Stafford will give this secondary some opportunities for turnovers too. Not saying he is a bad or reckless QB at all, but he does take some chances. DBs have to be ready to capitalize on it if given the opportunity. 

Stafford ranked #1 in INT’s last year.   Need to coax more outta him this Thursday. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 4