Week 1: Bills at Rams on TNF in NFL Kickoff Game

YoloinOhio

24 minutes ago, benderbender said:

It’s the blue on blue uniforms against a blue primary color home team that’s the problem. Are the Rams wearing something special?

Rams are in white tops yellow pants (already announced via rams official email) and bills are in blue tops with white pants (saw this confirmed somewhere but can’t remember where)

4 minutes ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

As long as they NEVER go white on blue.  That combo is cursed

So is Allen catching a pass in a game.

Incidentally, I believe every time he has caught a pass was wearing white on blue.  Arizona, Texans and Titans.

Edited by The Wiz

4 hours ago, hemma said:

Update for Thursday:

‘Mostly sunny and hot, with a high near 98.’

sure not football weather

I think you're looking at the weather forecast for Los Angeles. SoFi Stadium is in Inglewood (still technically LA) which is closer to the coast, which is always cooler. The forecast high for Thursday that I read for that area is 86˚. That means by kickoff, it should drop to around 80˚.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I’m not sure it returns the correct value for the stadium, but i searched for inglewood, ca at noaa and this what i pulled:

https://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?lat=33.9618&lon=-118.3565#.YxTWxhApC-o

Shows 95 for inglewood

If you scroll down, there is a small map that shows it over Inglewood —- but I’m only vaguely familiar with that area/exact location of the stadium.

22 hours ago, muppy said:

record HEAT in socal right now. Cash registers crashing in grocery stores hot.  Gosh I hope it cools down for the game. For the teams AND the fans. Better bring your sunscreen while you're at it.

I know it will be a consideration on Thursday I really hope it cools down

I may be in the minority, but I'd MUCH rather be too hot than too cold.  Maybe it's because I'm getting old or something, but I haven't been to a Bills game past October since the first time i brought my wife to Buffalo for the Monday night Bills vs Browns game on November 17th, 2008.  

Sadly, the temp was actually 33 degrees at kickoff, yet I had on long johns, a big ol parka, scarf, hat, gloves, I had hand warmers in my gloves, hand warmers in my boots.....

And I was STILL miserable.

• Thank you (+1) 1

well Im not as stressed about how heat will effect the game as I was before . The Bills will deal with it. As will the fans.

as I was driving just now I thought "you know why no one is really mentioning weather for the game except a few posters. It's because WNYers don't gripe or worry that much about inclement weather They just DEAL WITH IT. No fanfare ,no hooplah nada.  It just is what it is 

I Love that about WNYers too :-))) m