Bill at Rams preview.

AlfaBill

11 hours ago, Greg S said:

Is Stafford still dealing with soreness in his right elbow? He didn't play in any of the preseason games and didn't throw much at all including practices. That is something to watch and it should help the Bills secondary if Stafford can't throw the ball at an NFL level.

All the more reason to lay the wood to him right off the bat.

Cooper Kupp is kind of a unicorn.   He is an outstanding receiver with terrific ball skills, yet he has only fair athleticism.  He's slow for a receiver and not quick or abrupt in his cuts, yet he still gets open.  He's got good size at 6'2", but he's not the physical monster that some receivers are.  It seems to me as if the secret to defending him is more mental than physical.  I don't think that the cornerback who defends him has to be the fastest guy around.  He does have to be a student of the game and willing to do the film study to help him understand Kupp's little tricks, and how to defend them.

22 hours ago, Gene1973 said:

Allen better go off and score a TD on every drive. Bills D won't be up to the challenge without White.

Good point.  I have heard rumors that the defensive players and coaches have been moping around OBD, shuffling their feet with their heads down.  They seem demoralized.

Bet the Sheep!

• Haha (+1) 1

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/09/02/van-jefferson-making-good-progress-but-status-for-opener-uncertain/

WR Van Jefferson still recouping from surgery. They are not saying one way or the other whether they expect him ready for Thursday. If it were me … I would rest him an extra week ;)

On 8/31/2022 at 10:08 PM, The Wiz said:

I hate the unknown about starting a season against an nfc team that we rarely play. 

Could be close, could be a slaughter (for either team).

On paper it should be close.  The only advantage, I hope we have, is our rbs and improved run offense. 

I am thinking there are multiple advantages that each team has on the other .. but we have the ultimate advantage as JA17 >>>>> Stafford 

On 9/1/2022 at 7:05 AM, badassgixxer05 said:

Lets go!!!! Punter bs is over so now we can get back to winning that super bowl!

IT starts with the win against the Rams in the Season opener. 

Last year we were 2-3 in the regular season against playoff bound teams and also losses against Colts, Titans two good teams of the AFC South. 

That 2-5 record needs to flip this year for Home Field advantage at Highmark Stadium in January

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.