Titans are encouraging Brett, whom they cut, to stay on the ready in the event their rookie doesn't cut it.

21 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

I looked him up on Spottrac, and he's made over $27 million in his career, and he's 36, soon to be 37 in a few months. 

If he wants to sit around, not get paid, and wait for the Titans to (maybe) call then it's his choice to make!  Maybe he's just comfortable, has plenty of money, and doesn't want to start bouncing around the league every year or two. 

Moving to Buffalo for a temporary job?

come on guys 

that’s a poor excuse 

33 minutes ago, Florida Bills Fanatic said:

The player would be a fool to turn down a contract from another team so that he could wait on a job that may not materialize.  Punters are not in short supply but jobs are.  I can't even imagine an agent letting this happen.

He isn't waiting on a job. He is retiring and making himself available if things don't work out.  Basically he is going to stay in shape for a year.  Guy doesn't want to leave his home.  He has a huge loyal fanbase in TN and a great life.  He made the right move.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Bills2022 said:

He isn't waiting on a job. He is retiring and making himself available if things don't work out.  Basically he is going to stay in shape for a year.  Guy doesn't want to leave his home.  He has a huge loyal fanbase in TN and a great life.  He made the right move.

I agree with all of this.  No need to hate on the guy for making a decision that is best for him and his family.  Sure, I'd like to seem him in a Bills uniform, but I respect the decision he (appears to have) made.  Let's hope the Bills can get a deal done with Martin so everyone can move on in this situation.

• Like (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, Pokebball said:

I've been watching Stonehouse punt for 4 years. He's gonna make it.

Agreed.  Kern is likely is going to get a retirement ceremony at half of some game and some TV work or something with the organization if he wants. Not too many guys left in the NFL that have played 13 years in one spot. He was sort of one of the faces of the franchise and he was just a punter.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

The bills tell every player they cut that they like to stay in shape and be ready for a phone call

AND said players would be fools not to. From my experience pro athletes have cell phones in hand practically 24-7 anyway. They WISH they would get that call.

Be Ready!

• Agree 1

• 2 weeks later...
This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.