Titans are encouraging Brett, whom they cut, to stay on the ready in the event their rookie doesn't cut it.

59 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Girlfriend/Boyfriend: Hey baby, I met someone the other day and I think we should break up.  But please don't date anyone else because if it doesn't work out, I want you back.

If she's going to pay me $550k to wait around 3 months, I aint too upset.

• Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Mark Long Beach said:

He's old and has a family.  He doesn't need to leave his comfortable life.  He can just retire if he doesn't go back to TN.

1 hour ago, BarleyNY said:

This. This would be his 15th season, he’s already made $28M and the Titans gave him a $550k signing bonus this off-season.

He’s got plenty of money, and a life he enjoys. We’ve spent a lot of time in Nashville and it’s a nice place to be. Sometimes it really is NOT about the money, as shocking as that may sound. I wish him and his family well. We will find our punter (and holder :)) and be just fine. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

10 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

If she's going to pay me $550k to wait around 3 months, I aint too upset.

And she's already paid you 28 mil... And let's not forget. He's got an actual wife. I wonder how that convo went. "But babe, we've visited Buffalo in the summer. It's beautiful this time of year!" 

1 hour ago, Turbo44 said:

would hope theyd at least put him on PS and give him a little $$

someone said 

smart move by Tenny

cheap bastards too

35 minutes ago, frostbitmic said:

I think his father said that he'd rather retire than move his family. So it's Tennessee or the couch.

his father made the statement 

did the son back it up ?

30 minutes ago, Motorin' said:

And she's already paid you 28 mil... And let's not forget. He's got an actual wife. I wonder how that convo went. "But babe, we've visited Buffalo in the summer. It's beautiful this time of year!" 

Actually, I get it. My wife has told me multiple times that there is no way we will ever move back to Buffalo.  I will get her to change her mind eventually.  I would love to go back to Buffalo seasonally if at all possible.  (as in leave in October or so, and return in April or so) 

34 minutes ago, Motorin' said:

Since his family is from Grand Island, they've probably been back there to visit the Grandparents at different seasons.

I'd like to see Kern in a Bills uniform, but if the guy, at this stage of his life, doesn't want to uproot his family, who am I to judge?  From what I have read, Kern has $28M in career earnings, is in the process of building his dream house in the Nashville area, and is an excellent golfer who likes to play year-round.  Those are some solid reasons why he wouldn't want to relocate to Buffalo and/or live away from his family. 

I see no reason why the story told by his father would be untrue.

As to the Titans, after more than a decade wtih the franchise, Kern likely has a lot of connections and friends in the organization.  I don't think their message was "don't sign with any other teams, as the rookie might not pan out and we want you to wait on hold for us."  I think the message was more like "listen, if you don't want to sign with someone else, and stay in town, there's an outside chance we might need you, so stay ready if that's something you'd be interested in."

The Kern story might also simply be posturing to get the Bills (or another team) to offer him more money.  So let's let Kern do his thing and see what Martin has to offer.

2 hours ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

Is this  [edit out legal, insert] right?

I looked him up on Spottrac, and he's made over $27 million in his career, and he's 36, soon to be 37 in a few months. 

If he wants to sit around, not get paid, and wait for the Titans to (maybe) call then it's his choice to make!  Maybe he's just comfortable, has plenty of money, and doesn't want to start bouncing around the league every year or two. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I dip my omelet in ranch.  Ranch instead of ketchup for fries.  Ranch instead of butter on a baked potato.  Because ranch is great...ranch is life. 

You could never be a true Buffalonian.

I'm going to start calling you Royale without Blue Cheese.

• Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Augie said:

He’s got plenty of money, and a life he enjoys. We’ve spent a lot of time in Nashville and it’s a nice place to be. Sometimes it really is NOT about the money, as shocking as that may sound. I wish him and his family well. We will find our punter (and holder :)) and be just fine. 

Agreed. Plus he might feel that he owes the Titans one after all they have paid him. I sure would. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.