Sam Martin in Buffalo on a visit (Signed to a 1 yr contract)

Turbo44

38 minutes ago, BTB said:

He was making 2.35 in Denver and they wanted him to take a pay cut.  My guess is that he wants something close to that from the Bills and they are offering less due to cap constraints. 

This article says none of his salary was guaranteed this year

He signed a three-year, $7.05 million contract with the Broncos in 2020 and had a base salary this year of $2.25 million, but none of that was guaranteed, so that’s what the Broncos will save on their salary cap by cutting him.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/08/29/broncos-cut-punter-sam-martin-after-he-refuses-pay-cut/

48 minutes ago, Putin said:

I was expecting  to hear something about feet 🦶 !!!

I don't know if Martin is right-footed or left-footed, but I'm sure Rex would be happy either way, as long as feet are involved.  Sam Martin, the "Foot God?"  I don't think Rex would be able to contain himself.

Edited by msw2112
  • Haha (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Captain Caveman said:

This does not say he was offered the job

It doesn't. But your post stated, "I don't believe Kern said no."  The Tweet I posted states that Kern's father said 'no', he is not signing with the Bills. Whether or not the Bills offered him the job, he seemingly isn't interested in coming back to Buffalo.

6 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

Reports from WGR is that Russ Brandon ran down the hall and told staff "Don't let him leave the building"

I'm not sure that it was reported on WGR, but it was reported in this thread about an hour ago!

And, it has been confirmed that they DID NOT let him leave the buiding!  Martin signed, as per the tweet three posts upthread.

This is a great result.  Martin > Haack.  Martin > rookie Arazia.  Martin may not be better than Arazia's potential, but that's water under the bridge.

Edited by msw2112

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.