Sam Martin in Buffalo on a visit (Signed to a 1 yr contract)

Turbo44

5 minutes ago, Captain Caveman said:

I don't believe Kern said no, I haven't seen anywhere that he was offered the job.

The news was the Bills reached out to him and he said he was "weighing all his options".

Implication is Bills woulda brought him in if he wanted to come.

Martin had not yet been cut at the time, so no preference between Kern/Martin can be inferred.

Edited by Beck Water
  • Thank you (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, ChevyVanMiller said:

His father said today on the radio that he doesn’t want to  move his family and will simply retire unless he gets a call back from Tennessee at some point.

I didn't realize he was 36.  Completely understandable that he doesn't want to uproot his family to sign w/Buffalo.  OTOH, punting on the team that finally brings the Lombardi to your hometown...

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

If the Bills don't sign Martin there's still 3 spots open on the practice squad & for 3 weeks they can have a practice squad punter before they have to sign him to the 53 man roster.  It's an option if they really don't like anyone.  They could also keep switching out the practice squad punter every 3 weeks until they like someone.  😄

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

There’s no way he has enough money for retirement.  Punters make like $40,000 a year because they’re punters.

he's made a total of $28 million in his 14 seasons, $20 million in salary and $8 million in bonuses.  I think he'll be okay

• Like (+1) 4

4 minutes ago, Albany,n.y. said:

If the Bills don't sign Martin there's still 3 spots open on the practice squad & for 3 weeks they can have a practice squad punter before they have to sign him to the 53 man roster.  It's an option if they really don't like anyone.  They could also keep switching out the practice squad punter every 3 weeks until they like someone.  😄

Finally, a plan!

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.