Sam Martin in Buffalo on a visit (Signed to a 1 yr contract)

Turbo44

1 minute ago, Turbo44 said:

Old news?  I didn't see it reported here and Tasker/WGR just announced it 20 minutes ago.  Sounds pretty new to me.  Didn't mean to bug ya

It’s in the “new punter” thread from this morning … no worries. I also considered starting a new thread but it is only draft diamonds that had it and I was waiting on a better source. But I think he’s probably right. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Turbo44 said:

Old news?  I didn't see it reported here and Tasker/WGR just announced it 20 minutes ago.  Sounds pretty new to me.  Didn't mean to bug ya

New Punter thread

I think it deserves its own thread

giphy.gif

Edited by Beck Water
  • Haha (+1) 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

Is he really a top punter or did he pad his stats by putting in high altitude?

He's a middle-of-the-pack punter as far as average punt distance - true both in Denver and in Detroit (dome) which is important 'cuz it means wind didn't faze him.

The more important stats are hard(er) to find - how many punts into the EZ vs pinned inside the 20 or inside the 10? 

He's capable of the occasional 68, 69 yarder.

The occasional boomer is important but actually, directional punting and the ability to pin the opponent deep matter too - as does avoiding blocks and shanks.

He was a dual-purpose kicker in Detroit - kicked off as well as punted, so he may offer some positional flexibility which the Bills always love.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

Is he really a top punter or did he pad his stats by putting in high altitude?

Some guy just lit me up on Facebook a few days ago with that argument when I said he’d be my top free agent target. He was super passionate about it as well. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.