Will Devin Singletary be a 1,000 yard back this year?

Royale with Cheese

Singletary   

175 members have voted

1. 1. 1,000

• Yes
    • No

I see both sides.  It's a 17-game season so to reach 1,000, Motor only needs to average 58.8 yards/game.  And while I do think Moss and Cook will get touches, Motor will be the feature back.

On the other hand, Josh is the cornerstone of the offense.  Motor is just a supporting actor among three supporting actors in the backfield.  

I vote no - but it'll be close.  

Yes he will.  Some of the losses last year were due to an abandonment of the running game.  There will be less Josh Allen runs in games the Bills match up against clearly inferior opponents later in the season.  

Won't be surprised to see him go over 100 versus the Rams.  

His average ypc is more important. This hold true for the running backs , in general. The additions of Kromer and Saffold are paramount in this.        
    Upthread it was suggested we won’t run enough. I fervently hope Dorsey calls more runs and also significantly fewer runs for JA. I agree that those runs will be split , especially if Cook or Moss become hot. That’s why it would surprise me to see him over 1000 rushing.

2 hours ago, Beast said:

Don't see it. That doesn't mean he won't have a productive year though.

This season he has a healthy Moss and Cook to share the backfield with. 

Thats why I said no. Only because they like to share the load.   But I think he is more than capable.   Singletary may be the most under rated player on the team.  

I’ve rewatched every game from last  year.. some multiple times in my craving for the Bills season to start.  It’s amazing how effective he is at making the first guy miss, and always driving forward for extra yards once he is hit.   He doesn’t have breakaway speed. But he has good vision and reliably gets every yard out of a play.  

I've said it before, ppl are going to be shocked opening day and throughout the year how much powerful our run game will be, more pro sets and two tight end sets. You're going to see an offense that is impossible to tell what's coming.

Adding saffold , quessenberry and having the size and power with Brown and Doyle. Then add in kromers coaching. It's going to be the biggest reason outside of QB on why we win the super bowl. 

• Like (+1) 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.