Will Devin Singletary be a 1,000 yard back this year?

Royale with Cheese

Singletary   

175 members have voted

1. 1. 1,000

• Yes
    • No

2 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

He averaged 4.6 ypc and 870 rushing yards last year.  He had 7 games last year with single digit attempts.  He was splitting reps with Moss early on and we had terrible run blocking ahead of him….he started getting

the lions share in the last 4-5 games.

I think this year he does it.  He will get the majority share of the carries and I don’t see our run blocking being as bad this year.

While I think that he is ready and good enough to do it, I don’t think the carries are there. Especially if the Bills figure out a way to keep three backs active on game days. Exactly like what they did in the preseason. Gave the red-zone carries to Moss. If they do that, no way Devin makes it.

• Agree 1

I'm in the "the Bills have so many offensive weapons to feed He may not have sufficient touches to attain 1000" camp. I feel dirty writing it I hope he does do it and I will then eat delicious crow

m

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

He averaged 4.6 ypc and 870 rushing yards last year.  He had 7 games last year with single digit attempts.  He was splitting reps with Moss early on and we had terrible run blocking ahead of him….he started getting

I think this year he does it.  He will get the majority share of the carries and I don’t see our run blocking being as bad this year.

Easily.  His projected totals over a full season after the Bucs game would be 1400 yds and 17 TDs.  

He will break 1200 yards this year and double digit TDs.  

3 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

If they stop wasting his carries on Moss. Not saying I don't like Moss but Singletary is obviously a rhythm guy and I think he's more effective in a rhythm than he and Moss are when they split.

7 minutes ago, BringBackFlutie said:

If they stop wasting his carries on Moss. Not saying I don't like Moss but Singletary is obviously a rhythm guy and I think he's more effective in a rhythm than he and Moss are when they split.

Ppl don't want to admit it but before Moss was hurt in his rookie year he was rb1.  He's very talented. Ppl are blinded by bad oline play and him being hurt last year 

2 hours ago, BuffaloBillies said:

59 yards per game X 17 gets you 1,000. I think he gets it, barring injury.

And if he has just three 100 yard games, the average needed for the other 14 games is only 50 yards.

It’s not really a high bar like when the Season was 14-16 games per year.   I agree with you.  With new running scheme under Kromer and Daboll being gone with his obsession over passing , plus we should be running games out more, 1000 yards is actually a a fairly avg accomplishment. It is just not such a landmark any longer.  
In fact if we don’t have one 1000 yd runner it’s a sign our o may not be playing from in front or running in the red zone etc like Mcd was asking for last year.  Also could happen if they keep sticking to rotating too much and not defined roles and could also happen as we face more passing teams / better qbs this year a s have to play catch up.  
Basically , if it doesn’t happen it’s more Likely the season is not going the dominant route we are expecting from a w/L and could be from the d not getting off the field as we play from behind.   I think Dorsey runs more and is less ego driven/ less cutesy in run situations than Daboll and it would be unexpected if they fail again. to have a 1000 yd back. I think Mcd gets more balance and dictates to Dorsey more than he felt he could with Daboll.  Also see more prolonged drives and less punting this year. 

Side note, this debacle with ariza,Tre being placed on pup with no vet cbs, the disappointment with Howard , knox losing his brother, the o line issues with hart still on the squad ( Fina stated he didn’t see Hart  making the team because of technique issues) , needing new holder , etc are a ton of issues for a supposed SB fav right out of the gate w a tough schedule.  Somewhat reminds me of the early struggles / inconsistency seen last year with the home open loss, juggling o line, and that could  be enough to lose home filed advantage in playoffs once again.  ( Josh 0-3 in playoff road games).  Will any of the mess of the last preseason game linger emotionally as they were so high off Denver game and the fell flat with Jobs on the line ?  For such a talented roster , seems like a lot of coaching issues lingering that we shouldn’t be seeing in the 6 th year of a regime.  Can’t just flip a switch and perception is mixed about how prepared they are for LA.  Mcd has come up short in critical ,times (13 sec) , pressure is building for him to reach expectations.    More questions than I expected for opening day! Just some thoughts.  

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Forlorn hope said:

Ppl don't want to admit it but before Moss was hurt in his rookie year he was rb1.  He's very talented. Ppl are blinded by bad oline play and him being hurt last year 

When was Moss ever RB1 ? He's never topped 15 carries and/or 100 yards in a game. 

Moss's "promising" rookie season was worse than Singletary's sophomore slump. 

Singletary has performed significantly better than Moss behind the same garbage o-line.

All that being said, no I don't think Singletary makes 1k rushing yards this season. He won't get enough carries. McD loves gifting touches to Moss even though Singletary is better.  

3 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Easily.  His projected totals over a full season after the Bucs game would be 1400 yds and 17 TDs.  

He will break 1200 yards this year and double digit TDs.  

I think it’ll be easy if the Oline can cleanly get him past the LOS consistently. If Singletary’s first juke is on LBers or DBs instead of Dlinemen his YPC will jump up dramatically, as he’d likely rip off a bunch of 10-20 yard runs. 

Edited by Buffalo Junction
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.