Practice Squad

Pete

47 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Yeah I didn't understand how Tenuta fit into the mix compared to the high RAS guys they had been accumulating.

I suspect that a coach like Aaron Kromer might have had a good deal of say in which OL they drafted............but when it comes to the PS then Beane can just go with the criteria he prefers.     He might even be relieved that he lost the opportunity to PS the seemingly slew footed Tenuta to the Colts waiver claim.

willy-wonka.gif

The Tenuta thing felt like a favor to his dad, like Austin Proehl. But his athleticism is close to Cody Fords as well. But yeah this guy seems on par with what they are looking for and I speculate that this is the spot that would have gone to Tanner Owen and his 9.88 RAS if he wasn’t claimed. 

• Like (+1) 3

23 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

The Tenuta thing felt like a favor to his dad, like Austin Proehl. But his athleticism is close to Cody Fords as well. But yeah this guy seems on par with what they are looking for and I speculate that this is the spot that would have gone to Tanner Owen and his 9.88 RAS if he wasn’t claimed. 

Beane doesn't think about nepotism during the draft dude. That's kinda ridiculous and silly

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Forlorn hope said:

Beane doesn't think about nepotism during the draft dude. That's kinda ridiculous and silly

Even more so from my perspective, Tenuta was drafted in the 6th and the Bills still had a 7 coming later. Any “favor picks” would be with your last pick, right?

I’ll probably be forever mystified by the Tenuta pick. I really don’t know what they saw in him. Felt that way as soon as I read up on him post-draft, and I haven’t seen anything to change my mind. 

But who cares now? I’m much happier about Van Demark being on the PS vs Tenuta. Much higher upside and seems like a better fit for our current OLine philosophy. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Cash said:

Even more so from my perspective, Tenuta was drafted in the 6th and the Bills still had a 7 coming later. Any “favor picks” would be with your last pick, right?

I’ll probably be forever mystified by the Tenuta pick. I really don’t know what they saw in him. Felt that way as soon as I read up on him post-draft, and I haven’t seen anything to change my mind. 

But who cares now? I’m much happier about Van Demark being on the PS vs Tenuta. Much higher upside and seems like a better fit for our current OLine philosophy. 

Tenuta has shown an upside to mirror in pass protection and has a high football iq. I personally wanted Chris Paul from Tulsa. 

I'm glad we got Van Denmark and Anderson on the ps tho

• Thank you (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Cash said:

I am guessing Tenuta with a father as a coach around football - had a high football IQ and many times those guys can overcome some athletic limitations and are very coachable.

He looked like he was really struggling in games, but with the right NFL program and coaching - who knows where he might be next year.

All that said I prefer the 2 guys on the ps and wouldn’t have minded getting back Anderson or Owens either.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, LabattBlue said:

Still don’t understand why there has to be 5 inactives on gameday…or did they get rid of that rule?

One good thing is it's down from the 8 in-actives from just a handful of years ago.

From everything I learned it was a competition ruling.  If all teams can only dress less than the max, it doesn't "penalize" teams with

a handful of injured players that can't dress.

Not sure how valid that reasoning is but that's the way it is.  With the expanded PS and elevated call ups the inactive rule reason is weakened.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

One good thing is it's down from the 8 in-actives from just a handful of years ago.

From everything I learned it was a competition ruling.  If all teams can only dress less than the max, it doesn't "penalize" teams with

Not sure how valid that reasoning is but that's the way it is.  With the expanded PS and elevated call ups the inactive rule reason is weakened.

It is definitely a competition thing and it is not that you have 5 inactives - the rule is with 8 offensive linemen active you can have 48 active players on gameday.

The means potentially 5 regular 53 members, but also the call ups from the PS could be inactive.

The reason the rule exists is so that each team has the same number of active players on the roster at the start of the game.  That helps with competitive balance as without that a team could have potentially 55 active players versus another team with injuries having only 48  players dressed.

Whether that would really impact the outcome may be questionable, but it does tend to make each game even at the start with available players.

• Like (+1) 1

15 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Yeah I didn't understand how Tenuta fit into the mix compared to the high RAS guys they had been accumulating.

I suspect that a coach like Aaron Kromer might have had a good deal of say in which OL they drafted............but when it comes to the PS then Beane can just go with the criteria he prefers.     He might even be relieved that he lost the opportunity to PS the seemingly slew footed Tenuta to the Colts waiver claim.

Yea. The oddest pick. Didn't fit with their normal profile at all. 

• Agree 1

19 hours ago, JohnBonhamRocks said:

Zach Davidson draft profile:

“Rare tight end/punter position flexibility”

👀👀👀

hahaha The Bills DO love their players versatile don't they? And a wise player to be one eh?

🙂

18 hours ago, LabattBlue said:

Still don’t understand why there has to be 5 inactives on gameday…or did they get rid of that rule?

14 hours ago, ColoradoBills said:

Agree!

2nd reason is typically the weaker teams in the league starters may match up in talent to the better teams or at least close to, but they don't have the depth that strong team have.  So this lessens the gap as the last players say on the Bills roster who are much better than the last players say on the Giants roster, now neither will be dressed.

• Agree 1

17 hours ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Do they know/have a connection to his dad like they have to Proehl’s?

• BuffaloBill unpinned this topic
  • 1 month later...
This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.