Practice Squad

Pete

2 minutes ago, hemma said:

This is great, I thought Mancz was in the air somewhere.  

Let that ankle heal while he keeps the bike seat warm and in a few weeks, he swaps out with Van Roten.

like our own private ir.

If that's what we're doing then I bow to McBeane - great move.

46 minutes ago, PirateHookerMD said:

We essentially traded Tenuta for this guy, I like him better as a developmental guy on the PS:

https://www.si.com/nfl/colts/film/udfa-profile-ryan-van-demark

I like it.  Anybody that went to The Hun School has to be tough...

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/ryan-van-demark/32005641-4e35-8786-8134-e52f551c2fe2

https://www.si.com/nfl/draft/scouting-reports/ryanvandemark-on-location

Rated #230 overall in '22 draft by Dane Brugler (The Athletic)       [Tenuta was raked #208]

230. Ryan Van Demark, OT, Connecticut (6-7, 307)  

Van Demark doesn’t labor in his pass slides and uses tight, independent hands to answer pass-rush moves and reset on the move. Though he achieves proper depth in his pass sets, his lower-body bend needs work to better anchor as a pass blocker or roll into contact in the run game. Overall, Van Demark must continue to develop his core strength and pad level concerns, but he has the quickness, handwork and intelligence to earn an NFL roster spot as a swing tackle.

Edited by Shake_My_Head
  • Thank you (+1) 2

52 minutes ago, Bigvinny said:

@MattParrino

Duke Johnson and Tavon Austin on the Bills practice squad is such a luxury. They can get plucked any time but having vets like that potentially available if needed is a nice situation to be in for Buffalo.

Agreed.

I love that they changed the practice squad rules so that vets can be included.

Having guys like Johnson, Austin, Mancz on the practice squad rules. Sturdy vet replacements in the event of injury.

5 minutes ago, TFBillsfan said:

Played at Iowa. Does that count :)

Do you happen to know what part of the state that is?

12 minutes ago, BillsFanSD said:

I live in a region of the country with way too many Scandinavian names, and Ryan Van Denmark is the most Scandinavian of them all. 

6 minutes ago, Shake_My_Head said:

lol I’m laughing I assume this is sarcasm but the Hun School is a very high end prep school that’s like 65,000  a year to attend. 

Van DeMark is a high upside tackle as you can see by his RAS. I thought he was going to be drafted the year he came out but the Colts gave him big UDFA money. Thought round 5 or 6.  Think his upside is a swing Tackle that can play both sides. Definitely raw and will need development 

21 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

Has to be a decent PS TE who wants to come to Buffalo.

With Morris and Sweeney agents should be tripping over themselves to get their guy here.

Pick a good one Brandon.

I like Jordon Frank's but the Chiefs put him on the PS already. Used to be a WR-LB-TE

Smooth hands and quite an athlete 

40 minutes ago, BillsFanSD said:

I live in a region of the country with way too many Scandinavian names, and Ryan Van Denmark is the most Scandinavian of them all. 

Van Demark's from New Jersey.

22 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

lol I’m laughing I assume this is sarcasm but the Hun School is a very high end prep school that’s like 65,000  a year to attend. 

Van DeMark is a high upside tackle as you can see by his RAS. I thought he was going to be drafted the year he came out but the Colts gave him big UDFA money. Thought round 5 or 6.  Think his upside is a swing Tackle that can play both sides. Definitely raw and will need development 

Sarcasm is hard in the NFL.

Edited by Shake_My_Head

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.