Were the Bills "Hiding" Cook's skillset in the preseason?

ChicagoRic

3 minutes ago, Bob in STL said:

Hiding Cook’s skill set?  For what?  He got his reps and he looks like a rookie with some promise.  

Maybe it's the running style that throws me off.  Not really seeing the speed, but "glide" runners in the mold of Chris Warren from back in the day don't really show it.

Is this the same guy who’s afraid we will miss Beasley Hughes, and that other guy? Somebody here needs a forced time out…, 

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, ChicagoRic said:

Maybe it's the running style that throws me off.  Not really seeing the speed, but "glide" runners in the mold of Chris Warren from back in the day don't really show it.

I’m honestly confused as to what you wanted to see. He played in every game, they gave him the ball….did you want him to get 15-20 touches each game? Do you think they told him to “not run as fast as you can”? What exactly were you looking for?

6 minutes ago, Ya Digg? said:

I’m honestly confused as to what you wanted to see. He played in every game, they gave him the ball….did you want him to get 15-20 touches each game? Do you think they told him to “not run as fast as you can”? What exactly were you looking for?

What I'd love to see is Cook juke some guy out of his shorts and get out into the open field. 

Every team knows his skill set from draft scouting and he's protected from waivers on the 53 so there's no reason to hide him. If anything, they would be hiding the  scheme or specific plays that utilize his talents. 

Yes, the usage he got in preseason is the same kind of usage we give to Singletary. In real games he will have a defined pass catching role that we haven't seen yet. If DCs think they can beat us like they did last year dropping everybody into deep zones, James Cook will exploit them.

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.