Tre White to PUP list, out first 4 games

YoloinOhio

35 minutes ago, That's No Moon said:

He tore his ACL last Thanksgiving there are TONS of players who take a year to come back from that and we aren't there yet. Have some been earlier? Yes. Many have not. The Bills have a bye two games from now. White hasn't started practicing yet. I think it's fair to say he's out this week given that. So if you want to call someone names for suggesting that the Bills might hold him out against the Chiefs, when the following week is a bye, well I guess go ahead. In what way is your opinion "informed" other than it's what you want to believe?

You're giving me a hard time over one game. You want him back for the Chiefs, I'm saying Packers at the soonest. That's ONE GAME different. Grow up.

White is prohibited from practicing so using that to bolster your point seems silly.  

Now you’re re-phrasing what you said.  You said “Packers at the soonest and it may be longer than that” or something along that line.  You made a statement in a factual manner.  I have no idea when he will be back.  Maybe he will play this week….maybe he will have to retire……somewhere in between is more likely but we don’t know.  Acting as if you know, and taking a negative line, makes you a negative Nancy.  Own it.  

I could say “He will probably play this week” but that would have to own being seen as a Pollyanna.  

If I had to guess, I wouldn’t be far off from where you guessed…..but I’d acknowledge it as a guess.

Edit: I re-read your post and the “reasonably expect” part does offer some equivocation so I will give you that.  It’s still a negative spin based on no info but not as bad as I originally read it.

Edited by 4merper4mer

I would be surprised if we saw him before Week 8. They're not going to put him out there without some practice time with the team coming fresh off being cleared and having no Training Camp with the team. There's no way they'd play him this week. And with the Bye coming up Week 7, why rush him back Week 6?

I don't expect them to activate him this week. I see them activating him next week. Give him that week of practice and then the light work of study and practice during the Bye, another week of Practice leading up to Week 8 and then he's in.

Edited by BillsFanForever19

6 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Falls in line with exactly what I said in the post above. Reads like they won't even activate him off PUP this week. Most likely next week. Get a week of practice in, then the study work and light early week practice of the Bye, and then another week of Practice leading up to the game after the bye - back on Week 8.

I know we're all itching to get him back, but it's really the safe and smart strategy. We need him at its best and healthy throughout the year. So be smart about it.

Edited by BillsFanForever19

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.