Tre White to PUP list, out first 4 games

YoloinOhio

23 minutes ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

The Hyde injury has me wondering about Tre. Haven’t heard much of anything regarding his recovery or potential return to practice week 5.

Bills keep it close to the vest so I wouldn't expect much since he can't practice until after week 4.  I know they won't rush him back regardless of our current secondary situation.

• Like (+1) 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/24/2022 at 9:10 PM, Solomon Grundy said:

Honestly, I don't want him activated until the week before KC. Let him get his legs in the week prior to the game. Tre is our Kelce stopper. 

Lol what? When have we ever stopped Kelce? Dude shreds us every game. He's scored each of the last 4 games vs us (6 TDs) and hefty amounts of yardage .

1 hour ago, Captain Caveman said:

What do you think, will Tre be practicing this week?

Dane Jackson and Elam played well today, but if Poyer is out too we could use all the help we can get. 

I think he will be activated and start getting acclimated.  He was a close decision before the roster was set based on what McD and Frazier said so this past month was probably additional healing time for him.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, The Wiz said:

I think he will be activated and start getting acclimated.  He was a close decision before the roster was set based on what McD and Frazier said so this past month was probably additional healing time for him.

I think the Packers game is the soonest to reasonably expect anything and I wouldn't be surprised if it's after that.

Was more referring to being activated from the PUP list.  He's not allowed to practice with the team while still on it. 

But I do agree, he will likely just be getting back into things (assuming he's brought back this week) and they have no need to rush him back against Pitt.  KC would be a tough one without him but having the bye after, it does make more sense to just let him get the reps in so he's ready for GB.

1 hour ago, Captain Caveman said:

What do you think, will Tre be practicing this week?

Dane Jackson and Elam played well today, but if Poyer is out too we could use all the help we can get. 

Yes I think he will start practicing this week.  Doesnt mean he will play next week but I think he will come off PuP at least.  Poyer said he was fine and just got the win knocked out of him btw.

Depends on when the Bills want to start the clock.  Don’t they have 21 days to use or lose him once he starts practicing?

“Once a player leaves the reserve/PUP list, he has up to 21 days to return to the 53-man roster. He can practice with the team until he’s taken off the list. If the player still isn’t able to play in games after the 21-day span, he’ll stay on the reserve/PUP list for the rest of the season.”

Edited by HurlyBurly51
Update

36 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

He hasn't practiced.  That game is in 2 weeks

October 30 v GB at the earliest.  

I'd like to have Benford back by KC.

Need Tre for the high powered Lions on Thanksgiving 

That's something I didn't see coming...Lions are the best offense in the NFL both in terms of yards and points.

1 hour ago, HurlyBurly51 said:

Depends on when the Bills want to start the clock.  Don’t they have 21 days to use or lose him once he starts practicing?

“Once a player leaves the reserve/PUP list, he has up to 21 days to return to the 53-man roster. He can practice with the team until he’s taken off the list. If the player still isn’t able to play in games after the 21-day span, he’ll stay on the reserve/PUP list for the rest of the season.”

Yeah...basically they can remove him from the list at any point but they better be damn sure he will be ready to play within 21 days at that point.

1 hour ago, HurlyBurly51 said:

Curious if the bye week has any implications to the 21 days or not.

Also, are players not allowed in meetings or is it just practice that they can't attend?  Too lazy to look up at midnight. 

Edited by The Wiz

50 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

I suspect he will be playing against KC…

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

Why would he need more than 2 weeks of practice? KC is the big one.

• Agree 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.