Tre White to PUP list, out first 4 games

YoloinOhio

12 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

I agree that that until the Fish actually beat this team there's nothing to worry about, but my concern is that they will finally do that in week 3 and get over the hump.

And it's the confidence booster that could go a long way looking at how their schedule lines up down the road with a lot of winnable games similar to the Bills after a brutal start.

sure.  any give sunday i suppose.  i just wouldn't want to see the phins nation get themselves ready for a break out season, only to be let down again by another josh allen beat down.  if they should they still can't beat the bills, the wheels may come falling off, and fan will turn on their new staff quickly.  there will be no grace period in miami.

25 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

I'd say your full of crap because no one honestly knows.

The very well might be down the road but asking 2 pure rookies (regardless of draft status) to play at an effective level from day one against an offense like the Rams is foolish and shortsighted thinking by this team.

Beane loves to think he's the smartest guy in the room and the fans that grovel over him feed narrative, but he's already proven to be dead wrong so many times and not signing a veteran QB on a team with SB aspirations shows his lack of foresight.

Beane and the staff also have much more inside knowledge than us. They see the players day in and out, and they clearly felt comfortable with Jackson. Is it so crazy to expect a 1st round rookie to start week 1?

It appears the coaching staff has more faith in Jackson and a rookie 1st round (maybe 6th if Benford pans out) over Jackson and Wallace. Would you be so worried if we had Jackson and Wallace to start the season? I’m sure you wouldn’t, and the staff clearly felt more comfortable moving in a different direction. Add to that, the FO hasn’t brought a veteran in yet, which further illustrates that they are comfortable with what they have. 

Not saying it’s the right choice. But you are legitimately complaining about a 1st round rookie starting week 1? Why? The expectation is that first round rookies start right away. I’m sure there will be some lessons learned for the rook, but that’s to be expected, but I’m also sure, they Bills defense will be very good and the rookie CB will not hold the defense back. 

On 8/30/2022 at 4:43 PM, Forlorn hope said:

You do realize Elam and Benford are really good right. I trust McDermott with the secondary 

He doesn’t realize that, hence his expressed lack of the knowledge. 

Go Bills!!!

On 8/30/2022 at 4:45 PM, KDIGGZ said:

#1 CB Dane Jackson. Yikes

He was the #1 CB as we won our way into the playoffs, so yeah he has done quite well. So there’s that…, 

And we’ve got two rookies that are impressing, we will be fine. 

Edited by Don Otreply
  • Like (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

He was the #1 CB as we won our way into the playoffs, so yeah he has done quite well. So there’s that…, 

And we’ve got two rookies that are impressing, we will be fine. 

He was not, we had Wallace who was much better and actually handedly beat out Dane for CB2 at the beginning of the year. In fact they would sometimes put in Siran Neal over Dane whenever Wallace had to come off the field. So we again we are going into a season vs the super bowl champs with Dane Jackson (who wasn't even as good as Wallace who also was not very good) as our #1 CB

While it's a bummer he is out it will really put the rest of the secondary to the test. The depth at corner is going to be tested from game 1. The safeties provide a lttle cushion. If Benford and Elam can show consistency and Dane Jackson steps up it will make me have even more belief into the future of the team. In an ideal world this is what happens and Tre comes back and puts the defense over the top with his lock down abilities back to 100%.

1 hour ago, KDIGGZ said:

He was not, we had Wallace who was much better and actually handedly beat out Dane for CB2 at the beginning of the year. In fact they would sometimes put in Siran Neal over Dane whenever Wallace had to come off the field. So we again we are going into a season vs the super bowl champs with Dane Jackson (who wasn't even as good as Wallace who also was not very good) as our #1 CB

Okay, you can spend all the time you want fretting about it, I am not worried in the least, from what I’ve read here and from those that follow football for a living we will be fine, and remember, their starting QB has a chronic bum elbow on his throwing arm, and they are out OBJ & Von Miller, all teams have issues, and don’t forget, we are the biggest fav to win it all, I’m gonna have another cup of coffee ️, later 👍

Go Bills!!!

Does T White's situation remind anyone else of Bruce Smith's in 1991?

That was the last/only time there was this much optimism about the Bills. Smith, the team's best player and reigning DPOY, had a lingering knee issue from the previous season. He played at the start of the season but was a shadow of himself so the team didn't play him at all for most of the season (IIRC, going on injured reserve precluded playing for the rest of the season) with the goal of him being at full strength for the playoffs. He played at the end of the regular season and in the playoffs but was not fully recovered and not his dominant self on the field.  The Bills with the supercharged K-Gun offense still made it to the Super Bowl where Washington stomped them. The Redskins (I'm not rewriting history and changing what was their name at the time) won so easily that #78 at the top of his game probably wouldn't have made a difference but still one wonders.

I hope history doesn't repeat itself and that Tre'Davious returns to the field at 100% sooner rather than later.

On 8/31/2022 at 8:45 AM, TheProcess said:

Fair to criticize that moment. Who among us hasn’t? The distinction between my point and yours (to me) is the mistakes made at the end of that game (against one of the best offenses and QBs in the league no less) are not a reflection of their overall ability to coach up the DBs. They wouldn’t have been in that game if they couldn’t get the best out of the rest of the guys on the roster at the position after Tre went down. They were 13 seconds away from making the AFCCG with a 4th round, 7th round, and UDFA at corner. On the #1 ranked defense. No question they made mistakes to end that game, but overall pretty remarkable what they were able to do to coach those guys up and not go in the tank when Tre went down. 

I can definitely get behind this. 😎👏🏾👍🏾 

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 8/30/2022 at 7:11 PM, BuffaloBillsGospel2014 said:

No I don't understand that, he wasn't let go he was signed by the Steelers as a free agent. He wasn't the only defensive back to have a terrible game, both our all pro safeties got lit up also. I prefer a guy who has been there and done that, having 2 rookies trying to learn the ropes in a SB window is just irresponsible. Again if both the rookies play like all pro's then they dodged a bullet but if they don't we may be scrambling to find some help. I don't hate the Bills or the coaching staff and I'm not saying we'll lose every game because of it but it seems we've neglected to add veterans back there for some odd reason.

Our rookie is more talented than him already. I wouldn’t have minded bringing a vet to camp, I can’t argue that.

A cautionary tale...

Just felt too soon for him.  He tore his about a month after White - December 19.  I have no idea if the hammy pull is connected to his speedy comeback - but I'd wager it is.  

You're already at a higher risk of re injury if you come back at less then 9 months which Godwin essentially did practicing in August.  Making sure your legs are in shape, no muscle imbalances all takes time or you also increase the risk of soft tissue injuries. 

I expect what I've been saying since the beginning.  October 31 at the earliest for Tre.  I've read some studies that flat out conclude you shouldn't return before 9-12 months.  Host of other things that could go wrong before that.  

I think it's very possible if we're winning (say 6-1 at the bye) that we won't see Tre till Thanksgiving or later.  He is at the peak of his career and I've felt from the start this would be much closer to 12 months.  

Get well and get right Tre!  Want you as close to 100% for December/January as possible.    

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

A cautionary tale...

Just felt too soon for him.  He tore his about a month after White - December 19.  I have no idea if the hammy pull is connected to his speedy comeback - but I'd wager it is.  

You're already at a higher risk of re injury if you come back at less then 9 months which Godwin essentially did practicing in August.  Making sure your legs are in shape, no muscle imbalances all takes time or you also increase the risk of soft tissue injuries. 

I expect what I've been saying since the beginning.  October 31 at the earliest for Tre.  I've read some studies that flat out conclude you shouldn't return before 9-12 months.  Host of other things that could go wrong before that.  

I think it's very possible if we're winning (say 6-1 at the bye) that we won't see Tre till Thanksgiving or later.  He is at the peak of his career and I've felt from the start this would be much closer to 12 months.  

Get well and get right Tre!  Want you as close to 100% for December/January as possible.    

You really try to avoid the imbalance issues but after a major injury it is so hard to do

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.