Nathan Peterman cut by Bears

I'm Spartacus

5 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Imagine defending/celebrating Peterman’s career? That guy EMBARASSED our beloved franchise. He got a job because he was a nice guy. The ONLY people that defend Nate are the ones that wanted him to start. Instead of saying, “I was wrong. That was a mistake.” They pretend that it was a good decision and that the guy could play.

Is there anyone worse than the person that can’t admit when they’re wrong? This one isn’t “debatable.” Just take the “L” and move along. Peterman was a mistake. People that wanted him were dumb before he went on the field. There are still apparently a few band members on the Titanic, playing their cellos, as the ship sits on the bottom of the ocean. I jumped on a lifeboat as soon as I heard “Peterman is starting vs. the Chargers.” I was right.

There are some funny stats in here regarding Peterman. If Rodgers threw 1240 straight interceptions he would still have a better TD:INT ratio than Peterman. For some perspective, that would be every pass for 37 consecutive games 😂😂!! 

https://dailysnark.com/2018/11/13/nathan-peterman-finishes-with-worse-qb-rating-than-if-he-just-spiked-ball-into-ground-every-play-of-his-career/

That’s cold brutha. 

5 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Imagine defending/celebrating Peterman’s career? That guy EMBARASSED our beloved franchise. He got a job because he was a nice guy. The ONLY people that defend Nate are the ones that wanted him to start. Instead of saying, “I was wrong. That was a mistake.” They pretend that it was a good decision and that the guy could play.

Is there anyone worse than the person that can’t admit when they’re wrong? This one isn’t “debatable.” Just take the “L” and move along. Peterman was a mistake. People that wanted him were dumb before he went on the field. There are still apparently a few band members on the Titanic, playing their cellos, as the ship sits on the bottom of the ocean. I jumped on a lifeboat as soon as I heard “Peterman is starting vs. the Chargers.” I was right.

There are some funny stats in here regarding Peterman. If Rodgers threw 1240 straight interceptions he would still have a better TD:INT ratio than Peterman. For some perspective, that would be every pass for 37 consecutive games 😂😂!! 

https://dailysnark.com/2018/11/13/nathan-peterman-finishes-with-worse-qb-rating-than-if-he-just-spiked-ball-into-ground-every-play-of-his-career/

I think you should direct your attention at those who selected him to play in games for the bills and not as much at him.  He might be the worst qb ever but why hate on a guy who gave his best effort.  I get not wanting to have him as your qb and even wondering g how is he still around but he’s just a dude trying to make the best life for himself.  He made 5 million bucks in 6 years…. I bet he is doing just fine.  And I bet he would want nothing more than a chance to bring those stats up.  

25 minutes ago, Matt_In_NH said:

I think you should direct your attention at those who selected him to play in games for the bills and not as much at him.  He might be the worst qb ever but why hate on a guy who gave his best effort.  I get not wanting to have him as your qb and even wondering g how is he still around but he’s just a dude trying to make the best life for himself.  He made 5 million bucks in 6 years…. I bet he is doing just fine.  And I bet he would want nothing more than a chance to bring those stats up.  

People that “try hard” don’t belong in the NFL. I would say “he earned a lot of money” but he didn’t “earn” anything. He was given it. He stole jobs from more capable people. He’s not the first, nor the last. I have WAY more sympathy for the people that never got those NFL checks that were more deserving. 

Why do you want to celebrate that scrub? That guy embarrassed this franchise. I don’t “wish him the best.” He’s made WAY more than he deserved. He should be selling phone cards. 

20 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Sometimes the truth hurts!! I just read someone crediting Peterman for Allen’s development 😂😂😂!!! 

He did.  People forget Allen go hurt in year 1.  Many thought he had a Tommy John type injury.  What Peterman did was take some of the beating Josh would have taken, especially against the Ravens in week 1.  The Bills were awful in Allen's first year.  Their receivers could not get separation and the line could not block.  Nate took one for the team.  Even Josh had more interceptions than TD's in 2018.  Offense was atrocious.  It all worked out for Allen. Thanks in a small part to Peterman. 😀

The funny thing is, however much we mock Peterman he’s still probably better at his job than everyone on this message board. He’s what, one of the one hundred best quarterbacks in the world give or take? I doubt any of us are among the best one hundred in the world at whatever we do. :)

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Freak-O said:

The funny thing is, however much we mock Peterman he’s still probably better at his job than everyone on this message board. He’s what, one of the one hundred best quarterbacks in the world give or take? I doubt any of us are among the best one hundred in the world at whatever we do. :)

the silence of the lambs hannibal GIF

• Haha (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, Freak-O said:

Anyone who is good at their job would take offense at being told that they are worse than a guy who makes way below the average annual  salary in his profession.

I should also point out that Peterman is statistically the worst QB to play in NFL in modern history.

Here is a quote for you to savor :

"Nathan Peterman finishes his tenure with the Bills with a lower QB rating than if he simply spiked the ball straight into the ground on every play of his career."

Imagine being so bad that your stats could be improved by just throwing the ball into the dirt every play.

Edited by prissythecat

34 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

People that “try hard” don’t belong in the NFL. I would say “he earned a lot of money” but he didn’t “earn” anything. He was given it. He stole jobs from more capable people. He’s not the first, nor the last. I have WAY more sympathy for the people that never got those NFL checks that were more deserving. 

Why do you want to celebrate that scrub? That guy embarrassed this franchise. I don’t “wish him the best.” He’s made WAY more than he deserved. He should be selling phone cards. 

Jelly?   What part of anything I said indicate I want to celebrate him?  You seem overly emotional over a someone who has not had much of an impact on any nfl team.  

1 hour ago, Bills2022 said:

He did.  People forget Allen go hurt in year 1.  Many thought he had a Tommy John type injury.  What Peterman did was take some of the beating Josh would have taken, especially against the Ravens in week 1.  The Bills were awful in Allen's first year.  Their receivers could not get separation and the line could not block.  Nate took one for the team.  Even Josh had more interceptions than TD's in 2018.  Offense was atrocious.  It all worked out for Allen. Thanks in a small part to Peterman. 😀

Nate gets ZERO credit for Josh Allen’s development!! The Bills wanted to bring Allen along slowly. He was very raw. Peterman made it a half. He was so awful (again) that the Bills had to hand the keys to Josh to avoid losing the locker room. They all knew how bad Peterman was!!

The mental gymnastics that you’re playing to credit Peterman is insane. That guy is/was a scrub.

44 minutes ago, Matt_In_NH said:

Jelly?   What part of anything I said indicate I want to celebrate him?  You seem overly emotional over a someone who has not had much of an impact on any nfl team.  

Not at all, I’ve made it to exactly where I want in life. I’m good bro.

I will never sit around here and let people change history. I’m going to make sure everyone remembers exactly how bad that scrub is/was. If people want to wax poetic, I’ll share clips. Until we all agree “he’s the worst QB ever and an embarrassment to this franchise” my work here isn’t done.

Edited by Kirby Jackson
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.