Full Chris Simms Visit with Josh Allen

Giuseppe Tognarelli

6 hours ago, eball said:

I probably don’t have to say this to most fans on this board (particularly those 40 and older), but we need to just sit back and soak this all in for the next however many years.  I think we’ve got the NFL’s Tiger Woods on our roster (minus the hookers) and when it’s all said and done it’s going to be an amazing story.

I remember watching Manning on the Colts and thinking how lucky those fans were at the time. 
    I have been “ living in the moment” since the Cowboy Thanksgiving game. That was when I knew for sure he was our guy and it would only get better….. and I think it can get even better still😎

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

3 hours ago, BillsShredder83 said:

Anyone else notice at 5:20ish josh looks really shaky. I'm sure it paranoia but scares me a lil cause thats how I was before I quit drinking. Maybe nerves? Could totally be over reading just something I noticed

When did you quite drinking, sometime this morning? I kid, I kid. 

That's the handheld camera shacking that they cut to around 5:20.

7 hours ago, Stank_Nasty said:

He’s bigger now than he ever was in college. And that’s happened, by his own admission, without hitting traditional upper body work.  I would be willing to bet he didn’t hit many traditional upper body moves in college either. His upper body really isn’t all that developed and wasn’t when he came in. 

Generally you don’t do anything that could screw with a with an arm like that other than general maintenance/mobility and some posterior shoulder/upper back work to help with arm deceleration/injury prevention. I’m confident the bills knew that when they put him into their own program coming into the league. 

…. But I come on here to specifically not talk about work. So that’ll be that for me. 

Right?!? One of the best and most in depth football interviews I’ve ever watched. Very cool look into Allen and his game. 

He also could be somewhat joshing… somewhat is the keyword … maybe he doesn’t do heavy upper body now… but he’s worked upper body before 

Stevie Johnson also said he never lifted weights… I thinks he’s joshing … he went to an SEC school 

There’s not one division one football player who’s not Doing serious weightlifting on all parts of the body… Whether it’s traditional or non-traditional lifting… It’s part of your scholarship

Josh Allen also put on 50 pounds of muscle from his senior year of high school to his junior year at Wyoming… He was Serious about transforming his body… he says reedley community college weight room changed his life … that arm is a byproduct of hard work also … not just gods gift… 

Zero star recruit to an NFL superstar is testament to Josh Allen’s work ethic… tho I fully agree that The Bill’s main job is to maintain that arm and the mobility of his shoulder area and health of it all.. that’s job #1

Edited by Buffalo716

Thank you for sharing that video.  It was honestly one of the best football interviews I've ever heard.

After so many years/decades of frustration, I still can't believe how incredibly fortunate we are to have Josh Allen.  He ticks all the boxes with his body and mind and has always come across as a really likeable, cool dude.  He'll go down as one of the very greatest.

I love you Josh Allen!

• Like (+1) 1

Great detail in video. Simms and Allen are thankfully not polished. With Josh, we are at that moment and time and place where Kelly was 1989. 

Bills/Josh are like an Olympic medalist, we’re in for a few medals, but now luck 🍀 is hugely involved for gold. 

Edited by Since1981

Gene to you’re point he’s had consistency now going into year 5 as Dorsey was there, just not the coordinator.  

We as Bills fans are fortunate and for us at that 50 mark have waited a long time for this unicorn.  I at times was losing hope, but this guy will be our guy for the next 13 years at least.  We will be talked about like the Steelers, Chiefs, and Packers moving forward and all of you deserve it.  I can’t wait for one week from today.

22 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

He also could be somewhat joshing… somewhat is the keyword … maybe he doesn’t do heavy upper body now… but he’s worked upper body before 

Stevie Johnson also said he never lifted weights… I thinks he’s joshing … he went to an SEC school 

There’s not one division one football player who’s not Doing serious weightlifting on all parts of the body… Whether it’s traditional or non-traditional lifting… It’s part of your scholarship

Josh Allen also put on 50 pounds of muscle from his senior year of high school to his junior year at Wyoming… He was Serious about transforming his body… he says reedley community college weight room changed his life … that arm is a byproduct of hard work also … not just gods gift… 

Zero star recruit to an NFL superstar is testament to Josh Allen’s work ethic… tho I fully agree that The Bill’s main job is to maintain that arm and the mobility of his shoulder area and health of it all.. that’s job #1

One of my very best friends started 40 games(2 bowl games) at kent st while blocking for Josh cribbs and then Julian edelman.... we've had plenty of lifts in together where he harkens back to those days and talks about how edelman and other skills guys rarely lifted a finger inside a gym during their years playing football together. I think you are overestimating the required lifting at some of these D1 schools...and thats just a quick firsthand account.

Allen said in an interview last year on McAfee that he hit low 90's from the mound weighing in at 180 in highschool. Most, if not all, of that arm is gifted.

33 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

One of my very best friends started 40 games(2 bowl games) at kent st while blocking for Josh cribbs and then Julian edelman.... we've had plenty of lifts in together where he harkens back to those days and talks about how edelman and other skills guys rarely lifted a finger inside a gym during their years playing football together. I think you are overestimating the required lifting at some of these D1 schools...and thats just a quick firsthand account.

Allen said in an interview last year on McAfee that he hit low 90's from the mound weighing in at 180 in highschool. Most, if not all, of that arm is gifted.

I Walked on at a D1 school.. I had friends drafted to the league

I don’t know any Division I football players who did not have a serious workout regimen .. It’s required by the strength and conditioning coach

Even if they weren’t pumping crazy iron they are working on their strength and conditioning in the gym other ways… And still lifting some weights

I agree to disagree… You don’t get to that level of supreme football player without putting in work in the gym

Allen also has talked about the amount of work he’s put in the gym  over the years 

Their are high school programs that will cut you for not lifting three days a week… Division I programs are absolutely serious about it

You’re not going to Oklahoma and not going to the weight room

You are not required in the NFL to technically lift weights But when you have 30 guys who are working their butts off year-round… you better work just as hard or you’re gonna fall behind

Edited by Buffalo716

19 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

Right. that wasnt my original point anyways. but whatever.

Yes, Your original point if I recall… Was that you think Allen is doing more mobility work instead of traditional lifting on upper body 

And I can fully agree to that.. Because you want to keep the shoulder healthy … I Just pointed out that he Obviously Has Done plenty of weightlifting Going from junior college through Wyoming… whether it’s back , legs , traps , chest etc

And I’m sure Allen could sling a baseball 90 mph like he said in HS… He was a lanky kid who could probably get a lot of whip on his windup … But he wasn’t throwing the football 80 yards yet… That came with his growth spurt

Edited by Buffalo716

18 minutes ago, Gene1973 said:

No, at least I didn't mean to.

15 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Check hell...it might be frozen.

Dont get it twisted...

the Fins are still right on our heels and are poised to takeover the east for the next decade, at least!        - Probably @Gene1973

Edited by Stank_Nasty

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.