I'm afraid the Bills will miss Beasley, Sanders & Hughes badly this season

RunJoshRun

1 hour ago, Buffalo03 said:

I don't think they will miss Hughes at all. The guy got 3 sacks a season. He has to be one of the most overrated Bills players

He was solid for creating pressure, the years where phillips and dareus had great sack numbers were largely influenced by Hughes pressures. 

Just now, Bleeding Bills Blue said:

He was solid for creating pressure, the years where phillips and dareus had great sack numbers were largely influenced by Hughes pressures. 

Pressures don't mean anything if you don't get to the QB and he very rarely ever did. He had his 2 best seasons when Mario was here. He was never the same after

• Agree 1

7 hours ago, RunJoshRun said:

-Cole made the difficult, short yardage passes on his knees for 1st downs.  He had 82 receptions last season with a multitude of injuries

-Sanders provided the veteran leadership and speed.  He had 42 catches with a 14.9 average per catch

-Hughes obviously slowed down but his leadership and 52 career sacks for the Bills will be missed

GO BILLS!

dude.

Just now, Buffalo03 said:

Pressures don't mean anything if you don't get to the QB and he very rarely ever did. He had his 2 best seasons when Mario was here. He was never the same after

Yes they do.  Pressure results in incompletions, rushed throws, turnovers, and sacks for other players along the line.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Bleeding Bills Blue said:

Yes they do.  Pressure results in incompletions, rushed throws, turnovers, and sacks for other players along the line.  

I get it, what I'm saying is, there's only so many times you can say "he has a high pressure rate" that is actually matters. He never got to the QB. He was a very overrated Bills player for most of his tenure here

-Cole made the difficult, short yardage passes on his knees for 1st downs.  He had 82 receptions last season with a multitude of injuries

-Sanders provided the veteran leadership and speed.  He had 42 catches with a 14.9 average per catch

-Hughes obviously slowed down but his leadership and 52 career sacks for the Bills will be missed

GO BILLS!

I agree with beasely and that's about it.

Bills are going to try and play the 'slot WR by committee' game this year and I think it will backfire eventually especially with McKenzie who I'll never understand the fanfare and hype over for a guy that's never had even cracked 300 receiving yards in a single season.

3 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

I get it, what I'm saying is, there's only so many times you can say "he has a high pressure rate" that is actually matters. He never got to the QB. He was a very overrated Bills player for most of his tenure here

Eh, last year i think the writing was on the wall.  3 DE's drafted in 2 years.  The last 2 years especially he wasn't as good even in the pressure category.  

3 hours ago, First Round Bust said:

hoping Beasley appearances on Fox News

3 hours ago, Solomon Grundy said:

I would've loved to had seen Von and Jerry together getting after the opposing QBs on 3rd and long. Wanted Jerry to retire a Buffalo Bill with a Super Bowl ring. 

With Will Cain. They can talk sports together

tho his rapping or wrapping career may come first, after all he is an entertainer....

GO BILLS!

I'm going to have to disagree with most of this, possibly we miss Beasley the most but when he was injured for those stretch of games Isiah McKenzie was a faster version, he's nowhere near as polished but I think between him and Crowder we'll be very good when we need those few yards for a 1st down. I also feel people are really underestimating Crowder big time, he's been balling out with guys like Sam Darnold and worse for years now.

Sanders never really seemed to be on the same page with Allen and to me Gabriel Davis is a massive upgrade there, I don't know how you can't agree otherwise but someone always will try.

Hughes when he first came to the Bills was an unbelievable addition to our roster but he's a shell of himself, Von Miller is another massive upgrade which if I think we had him last year it would have been a difference maker imo.

1 minute ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

2021 was worst year in Buffalo for YAC (305), YAC/r (anemic 3.7) and broken tackles 0.  

FUN FACT:

Tyreek Hill had a 4.0 YAC/R last year.  Only other "regular" player lower for KC was demarcus robinson (also gone from KC).  They added Valdes-Scantling (5.6 YAC/R in 2021), and Juju (low numbers but also catching basically screens for Pittsburgh, but still higher than 4.0).

Hill has blistering speed, but I don't think he's particularly good when it comes to breaking tackles, or gaining yards after catch.  And thats in an Andy Reid west coast style offense. 

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Bleeding Bills Blue said:

FUN FACT:

Tyreek Hill had a 4.0 YAC/R last year.  Only other "regular" player lower for KC was demarcus robinson (also gone from KC).  They added Valdes-Scantling (5.6 YAC/R in 2021), and Juju (low numbers but also catching basically screens for Pittsburgh, but still higher than 4.0).

Hill has blistering speed, but I don't think he's particularly good when it comes to breaking tackles, or gaining yards after catch.  And thats in an Andy Reid west coast style offense. 

Ok so Cole Beasley is a much less athletic and really slow Tyreek Hill. I’d buy that. 

Substantial difference in ADOT and ypr between them as well. 

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood

GO BILLS!

Crowder and Shakir will fill that void

Davis will play a much larger role this year and will surpass those numbers

Von will fill the leadership role and that new #55 seems to have inherited some of Jerry's bend and get off when he put on the uniform.  

GO BILLS!

You will be wrong on missing these 3 players

Beasley and Sanders STILL HAVE NO TEAM.

Von Miller >>>>>  Jerry Hughes

39 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

Pressures...hurries and knockdowns, last I checked can all result in td passes. Over-rated stat.....

7 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

I’ll miss Jerry but Von is a much better Jerry. 

Crowder, Shakir McKenzie and Cook add a run after catch element that Cole didn’t and Sanders was slow and invisible down the stretch.  

Jerry was a shell of himself.   I agree that Beasley will be missed.  He made some great 1st down catches..

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.