Any Vikings fans? Wondering how Horrible Harry is faring there

Beck Water

38 minutes ago, BillsShredder83 said:

The responses to this are assanine. Clicking a thread, clearly titled, bills related.

Have we never talked about Wyatt teller here?

Does his play provide insights into how we function, draft, make personnel decisions?

Finally, and most obviously, most of us are actually football fans. Ya know? Watch more than just bills. Come here with some knowledge to share about the league, mostly to the dummys that are complaining about this thread.

Genius idea here, don't click it and 💩 all over things other people like, when nobody is forcing you to read. 

If you don't like the nfl as a whole, go argue on fb with your paint chip eating peers lol

Just people having fun, mostly. I think you need to lighten up.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 3

1 hour ago, BillsShredder83 said:

The responses to this are assanine. Clicking a thread, clearly titled, bills related.

Does his play provide insights into how we function, draft, make personnel decisions?

Finally, and most obviously, most of us are actually football fans. Ya know? Watch more than just bills. Come here with some knowledge to share about the league, mostly to the dummys that are complaining about this thread.

Genius idea here, don't click it and 💩 all over things other people like, when nobody is forcing you to read. 

If you don't like the nfl as a whole, go argue on fb with your paint chip eating peers lol

Get real.  No one ever discusses former Bills like Tyrod, Peterman, Bojo on this forum.  Oh wait!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BillsShredder83 said:

It’s just the way the OP worded it. Saying “Any Viking fans?” on a Bills board probably wasn’t the best way to title this. Had Beck simply put “Anyone know how Horrible Hairy is fairing in Minnesota?” or something to that effect…she would have gotten ZERO push back

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, BillsShredder83 said:

Lighten up, Francis.

3 hours ago, StHustle said:

It’s just the way the OP worded it. Saying “Any Viking fans?” on a Bills board probably wasn’t the best way to title this. Had Beck simply put “Anyone know how Horrible Hairy is fairing in Minnesota?” or something to that effect…she would have gotten ZERO push back

Yes, so let's publicly flog the OP because the thread title wasn't exactly how you would put it.  Maybe you should lighten up.  

7 hours ago, Warcodered said:

Do they have enough purple?

War, how do I get this purple soar out of my eyes.  That is only the 2nd time I’ve gone to another teams bored.  Once, I went to the Jets board for laughs as they were imploding before my eyes, and gave me a laugh.

I’d never post elsewhere as there are only a select group here like Icebowl, and even Zero I can take as he’s respectful of the Bills fans.  Neither are trolls like a guy who has posted five ridiculous threads on our board in the last few days.  Guys like that makes me pay attention again as to who is posting?  I haven’t had to do that since 2020 when we had a flooding of Jets and Patriots trolls.

To the OP’s question, I listen a great deal to NFLR as some of the guys are relatively unbiased with the exception of that tool Weiss.  His name hasn’t come up at all on that station, so I don’t know.  He’ll probably get the NT nod, as he’s serviceable.  We definitely upgraded with Settle, Jones, and J. Phillips.  As an aside I posted two years ago before the 2020 season I wanted us to trade for Settle as Star was sitting out.  Back then he was ranked the 5th best run stuffing DT by PFF.

Im resolute our D Line will be much improved which will make it even easier for our DBs to defend.

9 hours ago, Beck Water said:

Like the subject says.  Curious about former Bill Harrison Phillips

I would probably DM the guy that bet $5000 on the Bills vs Vikings a few years ago. He’s probably now a Vikings fan

1 hour ago, fasteddie said:

The only thing I hate more than white on black graphics is purple on black. It almost burned the cataracts out of my eyes.

Interesting, so you're not saying you don't like dark theme, just not pure white text on a black ground? What are your feelings on stark black with slightly gray text, slightly lighter black with stark white text or slightly lighter black with slightly gray text?

Contrast is such a cool piece of perception.

I build dashboards and find this stuff super interesting, so forgive me interviewing you on your preferences!

2 hours ago, BIGFOOTspaceman said:

Yes, so let's publicly flog the OP because the thread title wasn't exactly how you would put it.  Maybe you should lighten up.  

umm I was simply stating the reason it happened (imo). I didn’t say I agreed with it nor did I “flog” the OP myself. Geez YOu should lighten up.

I read the Minneapolis Star Tribune every day because my daughter lives there now.   

Harry has played well in the Vike's TC, although he missed some time with (another) leg injury.   They like his veteran leadership, which is probably his greatest strength, as we all saw here.  They're playing him at NT in a 3-4 scheme, which frankly seems like a poor fit to me, given his lack of bulk and injury history. 

I wish him the best of luck but have the nagging sense he won't make it through the season without another leg injury.

• Thank you (+1) 3

10 hours ago, StHustle said:

I assure you, if I'd titled this "anyone know how Horrible Hairy is fairing in Minnesota" the snark would have been just as prevalent.  If not more.

4 hours ago, Shake_My_Head said:

I read the Minneapolis Star Tribune every day because my daughter lives there now.   

Harry has played well in the Vike's TC, although he missed some time with (another) leg injury.   They like his veteran leadership, which is probably his greatest strength, as we all saw here.  They're playing him at NT in a 3-4 scheme, which frankly seems like a poor fit to me, given his lack of bulk and injury history. 

I wish him the best of luck but have the nagging sense he won't make it through the season without another leg injury.

Thanks - that's part of what I was wondering, if he'd managed to stay healthy through camp.

I agree he is undersized for a 3-4 NT although, Kyle Williams managed.  And I believe it was his injury history that discouraged the Bills from offering him a contract.

Edited by Beck Water

14 hours ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

Go to a Vikings board

Just because a poster is a Bills fan (and we do have some contributing and non-contributing other team fans on this board) does not mean posters do not follow other teams.  Some have season tickets in other stadiums!   I was also a Green Bay fan when Hyde was a free agent and I recommended the Bills sign him before he even visited Buffalo.

Note on Vikings:  I was offered a job in Minneapolis for a firm which paid for moving expenses.  One of the benefits I was told was they had a stadium box and employees got to use game seats on a rotation basis.  During the 3rd interview I was being pressed whether I would take the job and asked "Could they put me in touch with a company which would help me and sell my house for me?"  I told him I could not do that because my wife needed time and my daughter needed to finish the school season.  I told him I could go there first and sublet a place and I was told "No. We are a family-oriented company and we expect family to move with you when you accept the job.  Any more questions?"  One more I told him - I am a Packers fan and can I specify my game be the Packers game and he just replied no.   Interview ended at this point and I got one call from HR stating "Interviewer got the impression you were no longer interested in the position because you are a Packers fan. I can understand that for I am a Bears fan."  I told him it was not the primary reason but when I told him I was a Packers fan he ended the interview.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.