Jags trade Laviska Shenault to Panthers

Virgil

I’m not hating on the guy, but he lost his job to Tavon Austin and Jamal Agnew last year. Maybe some urban effect to that, but it’s a little concerning Pederson would toss him away for pennies on the dollar. Easy pickup for Carolina as Rhule continues to trade picks for anyone with a pulse hoping to save his job. 

1 hour ago, Beck Water said:

Did not see that coming

theyve had weird relationship, same rumors this time last year, and it looked like him and Lawrence had chemistry too

1 hour ago, Beck Water said:

Now that I think of it, Baker Mayfield has an unfortunate set of initials

Whom BM of the Browns? 😆 yeah i can see it

• Haha (+1) 1

I’ve liked Shenault since he came out of the draft, but I can tell you FOR SURE we wouldn’t want him.

He complained a lot about not getting thrown the ball and when he was thrown the ball, he had some terrible concentration drops.

Bad locker room guy + drops in critical moments … no thanks. Good luck Panthers.

1 hour ago, Rigotz said:

I’ve liked Shenault since he came out of the draft, but I can tell you FOR SURE we wouldn’t want him.

He complained a lot about not getting thrown the ball and when he was thrown the ball, he had some terrible concentration drops.

Bad locker room guy + drops in critical moments … no thanks. Good luck Panthers.

Just curious is this narrative out there? Or more whispers. Makes the most sense to me, I like Shakir better but living in NC I root for CAR to be competitive and fun to watch on 2nd tv.

We also snagged CJ Henderson from Jax last year, curious to see how that might work out with jaycee horn on the other side

Edit: I'm over on Carolinas board, it feels so similar to a Mehhh move we would've made pre-Beane

Some excitement for unknown high pick... yet they posted a bunch of screengrabs from Jax board, fans said good riddance. Slow, lethargic, gadgety guy the won't miss. Yikes

Edited by BillsShredder83

14 hours ago, Monty98 said:

He should be a RB not a WR. His skill set is more of a physical Kamara. Not as fast, but could be a good 1/2 down back and flexed on 3rd. 

I have had my share of real misses regarding draft prospects, but I really didn’t like Shenault at all.  When I watched game cut ups of him, almost all of his receptions were very short passes.  Now, in college he had some run after catch ability, but in the NFL he isn’t that special at that.  Maybe he can pull off a transformation to RB as Cordarelle Patterson has done.

24 minutes ago, OldTimer1960 said:

I have had my share of real misses regarding draft prospects, but I really didn’t like Shenault at all.  When I watched game cut ups of him, almost all of his receptions were very short passes.  Now, in college he had some run after catch ability, but in the NFL he isn’t that special at that.  Maybe he can pull off a transformation to RB as Cordarelle Patterson has done.

Yeah, that's my viewpoint. He's more RB than WR. He just put up gaudy numbers at Colorado against decent competition, he made the "long handoff" a viable threat with him. I think he would look better as a Kamara/Patterson type player not a WR who can play out of the backfield.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.