Internet Rumors of Zack Moss trade availability from an unverified Twitter account

Draconator

1 minute ago, No_Matter_What said:

Well since there are no leaks from our FO this tweet actually makes me believe he might be traded :)

Them setting the record straight and letting people know a player isn’t on the block would not be considered a leak. Leaks are about current or future plans not inaction. 

2 minutes ago, Kwai San said:

WOW dude.....OK who is your preferred RB group?  What team do u root for?  Aside from when The Thurminator was running the rock this is about as good as it gets for the Bills....IMHO.  ya sure Henry would be great....but they ain't getting that anytime soon.....elaborate please?

Settle down, chief. Like I said, I'd prefer we had more players with special skills. Singletary and Moss are both middling JAGs that don't do anything special. We have strong depth but it's a depth of mediocre talent pending Cook. There's at least 10 RB rooms I'd prefer - maybe more.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 1

IF the Bills have four true running backs active this year (they haven't the past few years, but there's reason to believe this might change under a new OC), then the plan seems clear:

Singletary - early down and between the 20s back. Essentially the "starter"
Moss - Red Zone and short yardage back
Cook - Pass-catching and change of pace back
Jones - special teams only

Granted, if the Bills continue to activate only three backs on gamedays, then this doesn't work. If they decide to change that, though...all signs from OTAs, camp, and preseason games point to the above plan.

Further, Moss is great depth in the event that Singletary gets hurt. He's also the best pass blocking running back on the team. Lastly, Moss represents insurance for 2023 in the event that Singletary doesn't re-sign. He'd become the starter in 2023, or at least the co-starter with Cook.

Edited by Logic
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BullBuchanan said:

Settle down, chief. Like I said, I'd prefer we had more players with special skills. Singletary and Moss are both middling JAGs that don't do anything special. We have strong depth but it's a depth of mediocre talent pending Cook. There's at least 10 RB rooms I'd prefer - maybe more.

Always like to be called Chief!!!  Many thanks......no worries dude not coming atcha with knives just wondering who these 10+ groups it is you prefer?  Cook IMHO is really gonna push this group....once he sees the field for reals....he gonna light it up.  Leastways I hope so! 🙏

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, Logic said:

IF the Bills have four true running backs active this year (they haven't the past few years, but there's reason to believe this might change under a new OC), then the plan seems clear:

Granted, if the Bills continue to activate only three backs on gamedays, then this doesn't work. If they decide to change that, though...all signs from OTAs, camp, and preseason games point to the above plan.

Further, Moss is great depth in the event that Singletary gets hurt. He's also the best pass blocking running back on the team. Lastly, Moss represents insurance for 2023 in the event that Singletary doesn't re-sign. He'd become the starter in 2023, or at least the co-starter with Cook.

You forgot about Blakshear.

I'm fine either way.  If they keep him, he's a solid backup RB, he is a good pass blocker, and he has some power for short yardage situations.  He's on the small side for a power back, but he's probably the best the Bills have in that role.  On the other hand, if they can get something of value for him that fills another need for the team, their are other quality RBs in the stable (Cook, Johnson, Blackshear) that can handle carries.  His value as a pass blocker may not be as great this year, as the Bills may want Cook on the field as a checkdown and/or to create the threat of a screen to keep defenses honest.  I trust the coaching staff and front office to make these decisions.

Edited by msw2112
  • Like (+1) 1

I’d make that trade in an instant if someone is willing to give up a draft pick. Keep Blackshear, Moss is a dime a dozen back with no game breaking ability. He seems like a player who works hard, but he’s nothing special. I like the potential of a future draft pick better. 

9 minutes ago, Logic said:

Agree with this.  If the Bills follow their past history and only dress 2RBs, Jones and Gilliam then Zack Moss becomes a lot more expendable.

Even if it happens, I think Moss stays but an argument for a trade can be made.

They have needed to do this because of all the other ST players dressing.

If they plan on all 5 dressing and have another plan for ST then Moss for sure stays.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, SirAndrew said:

I’d make that trade in an instant if someone is willing to give up a draft pick. Keep Blackshear, Moss is a dime a dozen back with no game breaking ability. He seems like a player who works hard, but he’s nothing special. I like the potential of a future draft pick better. 

One is and one isn’t? Lmfao

A zero percent chance, I find that hard to believe. We're not talking about Josh Allen. What offers would they turn down?

Moss is decent when healthy, but he is more of an all around back than the power, short yardage back he is always advertised as.

He has never filled that role with any consistency, otherwise Allen wouldn't have to fill that role.

I don't expect them to deal him for a 6th or 7th with their eyes on a championship, but anything more and I could see it happening.

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, ddaryl said:

I will say I thought Duke Johnson looked real good against the Pathers when no other Bills RB playing in the game did

He appears to have good vision 

that being said, I'm not convinced the Bils are looking to trade Moss, but it could happen.

Not just his vision, his explosiveness out of his cuts looked different than anyone else on the field (I was there).

Like his acceleration and decisiveness (which I guess is a part of vision) kind of shocked me on one or two of his runs. Duke Johnson honestly looked amazing against the Panthers, though maybe that's because there wasn't much to look at, but I thought overall the Bills ran the ball nicely, outside of some key short yardage plays where you've got not even practice squad lineman going up against panthers backups, so what would you expect.

1 minute ago, Kwai San said:

Always like to be called Chief!!!  Many thanks......no worries dude not coming atcha with knives just wondering who these 10+ groups it is you prefer?  Cook IMHO is really gonna push this group....once he sees the field for reals....he gonna light it up.  Leastways I hope so! 🙏

Any team with a top end #1, and any with better platoons so that would be Indy, Tenn, Car, Minn, LAC, Dal, Cle, AZ, Bal. The 10th spot is where I could argue for the Bills. Both Pitt and Cinci have a great No. 1, but zero depth. Den is very comparable to us as of now. 

5 minutes ago, wakingfane said:

How many times have we fallen in love with the amazing RB4 in the preseason only to see them cut? I'm definitely counting on two hands since 2008 or so.

I’m expecting Blackshear to go. I’m really hoping we can hold on to Johnson.

6 minutes ago, wakingfane said:

How many times have we fallen in love with the amazing RB4 in the preseason only to see them cut? I'm definitely counting on two hands since 2008 or so.

True.  I will say Blackshear has some skills and I really hope he can hang on the PS and develop.

Next year the Bills will only have Moss and Cook come March and having Blackshear signing a futures contract would be nice.

30 minutes ago, Logic said:

Cook will be the starting RB for the Bills by week 6, I think he ends up being very good. 

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

One is and one isn’t? Lmfao

They both are, but that’s my point, why not trade Moss if someone was actually willing to give up a pick for him. 

14 minutes ago, without a drought said:

A zero percent chance, I find that hard to believe. We're not talking about Josh Allen. What offers would they turn down?

Moss is decent when healthy, but he is more of an all around back than the power, short yardage back he is always advertised as.

He has never filled that role with any consistency, otherwise Allen wouldn't have to fill that role.

I don't expect them to deal him for a 6th or 7th with their eyes on a championship, but anything more and I could see it happening.

Good take, it makes sense to keep your guys while making a title run, but how could you turn down a fifth rounder or better for Moss. 

Singletary has shown in actual regular season games he is the better goal line back that Moss is. I really don’t want to see them trotting out Moss this year in those situations.

With that said, though, I don’t think Moss is a bad player. It’s just that Devin is simply better in all facets of the game. Hopefully Moss improves this year (and Cook plays well). It would be nice to not have to worry about a Singletary contract in the off season and roll with Moss and Cook next year. 

While we have Devin, though, ride that horse to the promise land and let him get paid by someone else this off-season.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.