Bills cuts

Chandler#81

2 minutes ago, Turbo44 said:

Mancz may be brought back tomorrow  along with a punter singed with 2 guys put on ir

Again, unless I miss something, this doesn't make sense. You don't choose Mancz with $350K dead cap to do this. You choose Kumerow or Ferguson or Cam Lewis who have zero dead cap.

Edited by No_Matter_What
  • Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Not gonna lie the oj howard pickup bothers me

thats a bit of coin just to cut

We all know Belicheat will pick him up and turn him into another Gronk 

5 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Keep Hart, cut mancz. Makes sense lol

Both of them should have been cut and NEVER allowed EVER being in front  Josh !!! 

3 minutes ago, NickelCity said:

Shocked about Mancz. Wow. God our OLine depth is awful

I have to imagine what we'll be bringing in OLinemen. 

Edit: not that I liked our OLine depth prior to Mancz being cut.

Hopefully we can bring Jack Anderson back to be our #2 C.

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

53 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Mancz is a shocker to me

50 minutes ago, No_Matter_What said:

Agreed. I asked about this couple posts earlier. Doesn't make sense based on everything we heard during camp. Backup center, looked like lock, injury was supposed to be minor. Really curious what is going on.

46 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

They like themselves some Bobby Hart for some reason.

Bobby Hart was not competing against Mancz for a spot.  That would be Van Roten.   Hart's calling card is now positional flexibility as a backup.

Joe Buscaglia wrote about Mancz and predicted Van Roten would stay over Mancz.   I pretty much thought he was nuts.  Neither Mancz nor Van Roten played in the last preseason game.  Buscaglia said "he just couldn't stay healthy"

Of course we don't get injury reports during pre-season, but Mancz did leave practice on a cart Aug 23 and I thought he was perhaps still injured.  the "knock" on him the last several seasons has been talented C/G, injury-plagued.  He played 5 games for the Dolphins last season before going on IR.  2019, lost 2 games to ankle injury and had arthroscopic surgery on his ankle in the off-season, lost hist starting job and only started 4 games for the Texans in 2020 (leaving injured). 

It sounds as though he has a chronic ankle injury at this point, which perhaps the Bills thought could be managed enough for him to serve as a backup C.  But if he might get injured quickly and not be available in that role, that's kinda useless.

I would kind of like the Bills to mind the waiver wire for a better alternative than Van Roten as backup C.  Neither he nor Bates have a lot of actual NFL game experience as C.

10 minutes ago, vincec said:

The backup outside WRs are Stevenson and Kumerow. I hope Diggs and Davis stay injury free.

I don't think the Bills see that as their depth chart at outside WR.

10 minutes ago, Motorin' said:

Hopefully we can bring Jack Anderson back to be our #2 C.

That would be better.

Edit: here's what Joe B said:

Mancz is the better reserve center, which initially gave him an advantage over Greg Van Roten for that final offensive line spot, but Mancz has not been able to stay healthy this summer. Van Roten did not play at all in the preseason finale despite being healthy, which is a great sign that he’s safe. If Ike Boettger progresses to the point that he’s ready to play this season, it could be a one-for-one roster spot swap with Van Roten down the line. Mancz should be on the practice squad radar.

Edited by Beck Water
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 4

10 minutes ago, NickelCity said:

Starting Hart to protect Bates as a backup is criminal for both parts for that sentence.

It's not going to happen.  Bates has been written in as the starting RG.

If the Bills aren't happy with Van Roten as backup C (and frankly, I don't think I am) hopefully they'll shop the cutout bin.

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, vincec said:

The backup outside WRs are Stevenson and Kumerow. I hope Diggs and Davis stay injury free.

If one of those guys went down Shakir or Crowder would go in. I wouldn’t get hung up on the look of the physical chart. The Bills will put their best guys on the field 

Edited by Brianmoorman4jesus
  • Like (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

It's not going to happen.  Bates has been written in as the starting RG.

If the Bills aren't happy with Van Roten as backup C (and frankly, I don't think I am) hopefully they'll shop the cutout bin.

If Morse goes down Bates will move to C, Quessenberry to RG & Brown back to RT.  

Just now, Bangarang said:

Keeping Stevenson was a surprise

He's going on IR & he won't be back unless someone gets injured.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.