Bills cuts

Chandler#81

1 minute ago, eball said:

Please name anyone (besides a fan) who thought Cook was supposed to be the starting RB for this team.  Anyone.

Pretty sure he was being sarcastic.

3 minutes ago, eball said:

Please name anyone (besides a fan) who thought Cook was supposed to be the starting RB for this team.  Anyone.

With all due respect, why anyone still responds to these long-time trolls is beyond me.  The sound of silence is the best response, IMO.

Edited by Shake_My_Head
  • Sad 1

32 minutes ago, HereComesTheReignAgain said:

This is not true.  MJD had 1600 yards rushing and nearly 2000 yards from scrimmage that year .  Ray Rice had over 1300 rushing and over 2000 yards from scrimmage.  There were several RBs that were better than Fred Jackson in 2011.    

Nope

• Eyeroll 1

5 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I am not against a heavy Dline rotation. I'm really not. When the Eagles won the Superbowl everyone remembers Nick Foles in the Superbowl but they don't get there if not for Schwartz having two waves of pass rushers to throw at teams in the stretch run and the playoffs and Brandon Graham made the biggest play of the game, fresh when it mattered. But if you are going to do it you are going to have to be able to get production out of guys who are not heavy investments. The Eagles had a couple of late round guys in that rotation - Beau Allen for one was a 7th rounder and there was a Buffalonian kid as well started a STer then got worked in some at end. Think he was an UDFA. When Schwartz was here we had a pretty heavy rotation too but the second line included Jarius Wynn (former 6th round pick turned journeyman), Stefan Charles (former UDFA) and Corbin Bryant (former UDFA). The Bills current rotation is two first round picks by the team, two second round picks by the team, three other well paid vet DTs and a highly paid and decorated former #2 overall pick and sure fire HoFer. Eventually you have to make chicken salad out of chicken something else on the Dline too and only Justin Zimmer really (who had an unfortunate horrible injury) can be held up as an example of this team doing that. It puzzles me that they have been willing on almost every other unit - secondary, linebacker, offensive line, wide receiver etc... to at some point trust themselves to find gems and develop them. Whereas the defensive line has had expensive overhaul after expensive overhaul. 

GB, paragraphs brother are you’re friend.  I’m not the syntax police so don’t care about silly stuff as many of us are just posting on the phone.

You already know I like and respect you’re opinions.  I’m working and want to scan before I go into another hospital.  I need my GB to paragraph it brother.  A middle aged guy request to scan faster someone I respect.

• Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I am not against a heavy Dline rotation. I'm really not. When the Eagles won the Superbowl everyone remembers Nick Foles in the Superbowl but they don't get there if not for Schwartz having two waves of pass rushers to throw at teams in the stretch run and the playoffs and Brandon Graham made the biggest play of the game, fresh when it mattered. But if you are going to do it you are going to have to be able to get production out of guys who are not heavy investments. The Eagles had a couple of late round guys in that rotation - Beau Allen for one was a 7th rounder and there was a Buffalonian kid as well started a STer then got worked in some at end. Think he was an UDFA. When Schwartz was here we had a pretty heavy rotation too but the second line included Jarius Wynn (former 6th round pick turned journeyman), Stefan Charles (former UDFA) and Corbin Bryant (former UDFA). The Bills current rotation is two first round picks by the team, two second round picks by the team, three other well paid vet DTs and a highly paid and decorated former #2 overall pick and sure fire HoFer. Eventually you have to make chicken salad out of chicken something else on the Dline too and only Justin Zimmer really (who had an unfortunate horrible injury) can be held up as an example of this team doing that. It puzzles me that they have been willing on almost every other unit - secondary, linebacker, offensive line, wide receiver etc... to at some point trust themselves to find gems and develop them. Whereas the defensive line has had expensive overhaul after expensive overhaul. 

The nine players most likely to make up the Bills' DL rotation this season account for roughly 13.5% of the salary cap.  I'll leave it to others to decide whether that is extravagant or not.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, machine gun kelly said:

GB, paragraphs brother are you’re friend.  I’m not the syntax police so don’t care about silly stuff as many of us are just posting on the phone.

You already know I like and respect you’re opinions.  I’m working and want to scan before I go into another hospital.  I need my GB to paragraph it brother.  A middle aged guy request to scan faster someone I respect.

It just got longer a response than I intended!

• Haha (+1) 2

3 hours ago, UKBillFan said:

Bit disappointed with this; I’m sure he’ll be snapped up by someone as he had a very good pre-season.

Yes,I liked what he did this summer,but he would never play unless there were injuries. 

Looks like Singletary, Moss ,Cook and....Jones?  I personally would be good with Blackshear taking over for Jones.

2 minutes ago, eball said:

The nine players most likely to make up the Bills' DL rotation this season account for roughly 13.5% of the salary cap.  I'll leave it to others to decide whether that is extravagant or not.

So you’re saying the D line % of cap has gone down from previous years? 

2 minutes ago, eball said:

It is not but that also isn't the full picture because there is a lot of guaranteed money on those deals pushed into future years that we will pay whether they are contributing or not.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

2 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I would like to think I have at least presented my alternative world as to what I might have done. One fewer well paid DT and that contract going on offense. Three well paid vet DTs plus running with Ankou or Byant (both of whom I think can play as backend of the roster NFL players) as a cheaper 4th option would have been the sacrifice I'd have made. The Bills made a different decision, I understand their thinking, but I think it is fair to say "not sure that's what I'd have done, let's see how it plays out." 

I see it from a different perspective...maybe it's wrong, maybe it's right.  

They have an understanding and more in depth knowledge of each player.  They see them in the film room, practice field, weight room, personal lives etc....

Doesn't mean they will be right but they're basing it off of more intimate knowledge than we have.  

Doesn't mean we can't discuss it as fans on a board, I just think it's weird to always slant and focus to the negative side. 

I think Sammy Watkins is a perfect example.  We didn't know until a few years later when Watkins admitted being hammered every night, rubbed teammates the wrong way and didn't want to be here.  At the time of the trade, Beane was ripped.  I know another inside story for the baseball fans on one big trade that happened years ago.

9 minutes ago, eball said:

Almost every single poster in the draft thread. I'll definitely go back and get some quotes if I have time or maybe someone with time can check. Anyone that said he was not drafted to be the starter was just a "hater"

• Haha (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, uticaclub said:

Fred played 10 games in 2011 and he wasn't better than LT, AP, MJD, Shady...

Yes he was... Fred was a MVP candidate in 2011 before a season ending injury. 

He was on pace for over 2K total yards. He was on pace for seasons just like or better than MJD and Shady. He had better numbers than AP in less games too...

LT was entirely irrelevant in 2011. Weird addition to that group...

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, eball said:

Why not? Is Singletary an All-Pro?

If you choose a running back in the top 3 rounds he'd better be your starter for the next four years. Just my personal opinion. Otherwise, what's the point? Blackshear could've easily handled being the third-string. Could've drafted our backup Tight End or Offensive Lineman with that pick.

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1
  • Dislike 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.