Bills cuts

Chandler#81

Just now, machine gun kelly said:

Howard was released just now as it was just announced on WGR.

The only bad part is we eat $2.6 mil. this year, and $600k next year.  It’s not that bad of a hit.

Yeah I love the work he is doing but this is huge miss on Beane's part. $2.6M dead cap for a guy who won't take a snap in Bills uniform is brutal given how tight our cap will be following years. Huge miss.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 4
  • Dislike 1

8 minutes ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

This actually does surprise me a bit. I guess they feel Morris showed more in Camp and the preseason. They also must be comfortable that the "injury" yesterday is nothing serious. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Not a fan of this. I don't see what Sweeney brings other than untimely drops and being liked in the room 

Yea I agree. I'm not a Sweeney fan. This could end up being a money thing or they just prefer to back the guy they spend a draft pick on? So far Tommy Sweeney has shown he can't do the things required of a backup or #2 TE.

I really liked the idea of the Bills utalizing 12 personnel but I guess that's fizzled out. I think the personnel advantages will have to come from McKenzie in slot, Davis in slot and maybe something like 21 personnel were Cook is the 2nd RB.

Howard has to be one of the biggest disappointments in my mind. I thought maybe he could be a sneaky good signing who could thrive and revive his career with Josh.. but the contract looks about horrible as his performance..

I think Duke became a long shot to make this team when Cook was drafted. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, MWK said:

I like Morris, but wish Sweeney would get cut. Not an NFL player

I feel like they had him “get bigger” but he isn’t a natural big TE. He doesn’t look 250 to me. He was a good receiver TE the first two years in the league. 

Edited by TheyCallMeAndy

1 minute ago, loveorhatembillsfan4life said:

Howard has to be one of the biggest disappointments in my mind. I thought maybe he could be a sneaky good signing who could thrive and revive his career with Josh.. but the contract looks about horrible as his performance..

I think Duke became a long shot to make this team when Cook was drafted. 

anybody else not sold on Cook?  gotta keep him given his draft position but doesn't seem to have the Bills "culture" Beane spoke of.

• Vomit 2
  • Eyeroll 6
  • Sad 1
  • Disagree 5
  • Haha (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

Not terribly surprised after seeing him continuously playing late in preseason games, but I don’t love any of the options currently behind Knox. Can’t believe how much they struggle to identify TE talent/depth. Guess we’ll see if Morris is that guy. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

6 minutes ago, BillsFanSD said:

I know OJ Howard didn't have a great camp, but sheesh.  He's getting beaten out by multiple guys (Sweeny, Morris) who aspire to "journeyman" status. 

This is when you have to trust your coaches and FO’s ability to judge talent and project future returns on investments.

OJ effectively showed nothing. Keeping him because of a couple million dollar cap hit would be throwing good money after bad.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

anybody else not sold on Cook?  gotta keep him given his draft position but doesn't seem to have the Bills "culture" Beane spoke of.

Not sold.. In the guy who hasn’t played an NFL game yet?? Get outta here with that skip Bayless silliness 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 8

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.