Bills cuts

Chandler#81

42 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

Accoridng to Rappaport, Garoppolo doesn't want to go there - perhaps due to leftover loyalty to the 49ers. Not like he has got many other options though; presume he'll (and the 49ers) will wait until a QB goes down.

If he makes the opening 53 his full salary for the year would be guaranteed. If they cut him now they recoup $24M in cap. They currently have the least cap space in the NFL. He would be untradeable if they wait any longer.

18 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

If he makes the opening 53 his full salary for the year would be guaranteed. If they cut him now they recoup $24M in cap. They currently have the least cap space in the NFL. He would be untradeable if they wait any longer.

I thought they could include him in the current 53 but if he makes opening weekend then the full annual salary is guaranteed?

Phew, this guy made it.

1 hour ago, Captain Hindsight said:

I love these posts. NFL executives who entire job is tough decision after tough decision suddenly can't make any other decisions, while making a tough decision

Well I could see it as a distraction.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Shocked 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

13 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

I thought they could include him in the current 53 but if he makes opening weekend then the full annual salary is guaranteed?

I think that's technically correct yea. They could hold on to him a little while longer, but since no more football is being played, I suspect it's unlikely Mahomes is going down or anything like that.

• Agree 1

34 minutes ago, FLFan said:

Stevenson is fairly close to getting back. I doubt he will go on a season long IR list. 

Agree.  Teams can bring up to 8 back with the new rules.  

There are only 3 guys (that we know of) injured that MAY go to IR.  Stevenson, Doyle and now maybe Morris.

None sound very serious.  They got options to move 1 or 2 to IR and it seems they would all be "returnable".

Compared to other teams the Bills did well injury wise throughout the off season.  Let's hope that extends into the regular season

and playoffs!

13 minutes ago, ROCBillsBeliever said:

Yeah, but do you get The Buckeroo, too, or are they extra 🤔

Too much cap for those guys.  Now during cutdowns I expect THESE GUYS to be prevalent on this board.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, wppete said:

I thought Beane would be pulling some trades by now. Guess the whole Araiza situation was a major distraction. 

I'm sure he'd like to.  Trades are very difficult to do as final cutdown looms.  Other teams know you're going to have to cut some guys who can play, and don't like to part with draft picks.  They have to be convinced a guy is worth giving up a pick rather than taking a chance a player they like might become available for them to sign.

2 hours ago, Captain Hindsight said:

I love these posts. NFL executives who entire job is tough decision after tough decision suddenly can't make any other decisions, while making a tough decision

I think there are new league rules as to how many tuff decisions you make at one time.   We may have reached a pre season quota🤷🏼‍♂️

1 hour ago, ColoradoBills said:

Agree.  Teams can bring up to 8 back with the new rules.  

There are only 3 guys (that we know of) injured that MAY go to IR.  Stevenson, Doyle and now maybe Morris.

None sound very serious.  They got options to move 1 or 2 to IR and it seems they would all be "returnable".

Compared to other teams the Bills did well injury wise throughout the off season.  Let's hope that extends into the regular season

and playoffs!

Too much cap for those guys.  Now during cutdowns I expect THESE GUYS to be prevalent on this board.

Ah, the annual culling and day-drinking event known as cutdown day! This clip is great, ha ha!

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, PromoTheRobot said:

They didn't play him much in the preseason so I'm surprised, maybe they don't think they can stash him on the practice squad

3 hours ago, ColoradoBills said:

Buck Owens would be better.

Do Do Do looking out my backdoor.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, UKBillFan said:

According to Rappaport, Garoppolo doesn't want to go there - perhaps due to leftover loyalty to the 49ers. Not like he has got many other options though; presume he'll (and the 49ers) will wait until a QB goes down.

IMO the best thing Jimmy G can do (if ge gets cut) is work with a good QB coach/mentor until starting QBs start getting injured. Then pick a team where he thinks he can be somewhat successful 

3 hours ago, Stads said:

I'd rather have this Owen

wedding crashers comedy GIF

Never understood that guy's appeal. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

Sorry for not keeping the comedy going, but I wonder if,how and when can they protect guys on the p.s. I love Mike Love and I think Alec Anderson will turn into a good Guard. Of course I like others , but how many can you protect?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.