Tyrod hurt again

Old Man

11 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I don’t think it was illegal. But it’s a goddamn meaningless game and in that context, I consider it unnecessary AND dirty. 

It’s certainly no Pro Bowl out there! Guys are trying to make a name for themselves and earn roster spots. If I have to watch one, it’s preseason. If I got to eliminate one, that is also preseason. It’s hard to get hurt in a Pro Bowl -  even if Brian Moorman disagrees!  

3 minutes ago, Augie said:

It’s certainly no Pro Bowl out there! Guys are trying to make a name for themselves and earn roster spots. If I have to watch one, it’s preseason. If I got to eliminate one, that is also preseason. It’s hard to get hurt in a Pro Bowl -  even if Brian Moorman disagrees!  

I think preseason games are more useful.  Hell, a two-legged stool is more useful than the Pro Bowl.  But I just don't think preseason games are necessary.  If they eliminate them across the board, every team has the same amount of rust to get through ... and every team has the same limitation with regard to finalizing their rosters based solely upon practices, etc.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Gugny said:

I think preseason games are more useful.  Hell, a two-legged stool is more useful than the Pro Bowl.  But I just don't think preseason games are necessary.  If they eliminate them across the board, every team has the same amount of rust to get through ... and every team has the same limitation with regard to finalizing their rosters based solely upon practices, etc.

It’s going in the right direction. I see it going down to two games before long, maybe when they try to get to 18 games. Not sure if they ever go to zero, but it’s a chance for scrubs to have their day in the sun. My son worked out with a guy who supposedly “played for the Bills”, and there is a photo which seems to confirm that.  Just keep Josh and the gang safely on the sideline. 

The Pro Bowl? I don’t even take a peek. 

• Like (+1) 2

41 minutes ago, K-9 said:

I think he is destined for the PS. If the Giants claim him off the PS then don’t the Bills have to sign him to the 53 or lose him or does that rule not apply to vested vets?  I’m inclined to believe the Bills don’t wanna carry three QBs on the 53. 

Agree entirely that Barkley would wanna have more fun on a SB contender. 

PS players are free agents.  If another team offers to sign any player, vested or not, the player has the choice to sign, or to say "no thanks, I'm Good here."

Of course, there's enough of a pay raise that for a young player the motivation to take it is strong.

49 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I don’t think it was illegal. But it’s a goddamn meaningless game and in that context, I consider it unnecessary AND dirty. 

It's not meaningless to Clemons. It's a ***** thing to happen to Tyrod. I really like the guy, but people get hurt ever week.

I hate pre-season football as much as anyone, but I wouldn't ever want the NFL to be without it. What makes NFL football such a good sport compared to just about every other sport or level of football is how high the bar is. I want every team playing their best football and ready to roll come week one - not a bunch of teams that have no idea what they're doing halfway through the year. The Lions, Commanders, and Jaguars give us enough of that.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

1 hour ago, K-9 said:

I think he is destined for the PS. If the Giants claim him off the PS then don’t the Bills have to sign him to the 53 or lose him or does that rule not apply to vested vets?  I’m inclined to believe the Bills don’t wanna carry three QBs on the 53. 

Agree entirely that Barkley would wanna have more fun on a SB contender. 

I think vets of a certain level can say no.

• Thank you (+1) 1

At the least it was a helmet-to-helmet shot.  Tyrod just has the worst luck.  Guy is an injury magnet.  I hate to say it, but at this point in his life if he's been smart enough with his money, the guy should retire, given where his career is.  It's not worth it.

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

My take too. Doesn't look like he tries to drive him into the ground. Just a hard hit.

I have no idea why the NFLPA doesn't force the NFL owner's hand and ban preseason games. They are worthless.  2020 football without preseason was perfectly fine.  

1 hour ago, BullBuchanan said:

It's not meaningless to Clemons. It's a ***** thing to happen to Tyrod. I really like the guy, but people get hurt ever week.

I hate pre-season football as much as anyone, but I wouldn't ever want the NFL to be without it. What makes NFL football such a good sport compared to just about every other sport or level of football is how high the bar is. I want every team playing their best football and ready to roll come week one - not a bunch of teams that have no idea what they're doing halfway through the year. The Lions, Commanders, and Jaguars give us enough of that.

You really think Allen and the starters playing 10 plays will make any difference in quality of play?  They played pre-season games last year and they stunk against Pittsburgh.  Bills best season in terms of offense was 2020. No preseason.  It's not needed. They can figure out the roster bottom feeders in practice.  With a larger PS it is even less important.  They see these guys in practice enough.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Gugny said:

Kid was making a play. Nothing unnecessary or dirty about it. It’s not a meaningless game to those with their careers and playing time on the line.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

2 hours ago, Gugny said:

The problem is NFLPA has so restricted padded practices it is very hard to evaluate on some positions.

Are you trying to say as some do that Preseason games (only games which some will be able to see when new stadium is added) are bad because they charge?

Are scrimmages also not necessary?

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

He has to want to sign.

Just a dumb "process" question have seen this a few times in various threads.

Old Man started the thread and posted: "Carted off the field,  that guy is cursed"

2nd post/reply is by you Promo responding to K-9, "He has to want to sign"  but there isn't a post above this from K-9.

How can that be??  How are you replying to a post that isn't here??

image.thumb.png.78bd08575bd5ec4ea33c9271561698d1.png

1 hour ago, Ethan in Portland said:

My take too. Doesn't look like he tries to drive him into the ground. Just a hard hit.

I have no idea why the NFLPA doesn't force the NFL owner's hand and ban preseason games. They are worthless.  2020 football without preseason was perfectly fine.  

You really think Allen and the starters playing 10 plays will make any difference in quality of play?  They played pre-season games last year and they stunk against Pittsburgh.  Bills best season in terms of offense was 2020. No preseason.  It's not needed. They can figure out the roster bottom feeders in practice.  With a larger PS it is even less important.  They see these guys in practice enough.  

Agreed. 2020 should put to rest the need for preseason games.

• Disagree 1

28 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Just a dumb "process" question have seen this a few times in various threads.

Old Man started the thread and posted: "Carted off the field,  that guy is cursed"

2nd post/reply is by you Promo responding to K-9, "He has to want to sign"  but there isn't a post above this from K-9.

How can that be??  How are you replying to a post that isn't here??

image.thumb.png.78bd08575bd5ec4ea33c9271561698d1.png

I don't know. It was deleted?

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.