Matt Barkley...Keep on the Roster

Wizard

We all have our favorite 2-3 guys that we want on the 53 man roster.

For me, Matt Barkley is one of those guys. I get it. He's the 3rd string QB on most predictions. He likely would be inactive each week, but he can still fill-in 

I just think what he adds to the QB room, his knowledge of the offense, and his willingness to try to fill a hole in a pich is valuable.

So, who do I cut?  I would cut whomever is the 5th or 6th special teams guy or that 9th or 7th guy at a position.

• Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Dislike 10

6 minutes ago, Wizard said:

For me, Matt Barkley is one of those guys. I get it. He's the 3rd string QB on most predictions. He likely would be inactive each week, but he can still fill-in 

I just think what he adds to the QB room, his knowledge of the offense, and his willingness to try to fill a hole in a pich is valuable.

So, who do I cut?  I would cut whomever is the 5th or 6th special teams guy or that 9th or 7th guy at a position.

He's not a good backup QB option.    The people pondering whether he is as good as Keenum clearly don't follow the rest of the NFL because Barkley is flat-out terrible and Keenum can actually play QB in the NFL.    It's not close.

He can be a cheerleader on the practice squad or he can bounce around between teams again.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Practice squad 

1 minute ago, Billy Claude said:

I'm 98% sure that he will be waived and then placed on the practice squad and play the Davis Webb role from last year.   It's highly doubtful that someone else pick him up off waivers and put him on their 53 at cutdown.

He’s not subject to waivers. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

Practice squad 

He’s not subject to waivers. 

Right -- I forgot. I will fix it.   In any case, I doubt that any team will pick him up for their 53 and I assume he would rather be in the Bill's practice squad than another teams.

Edited by Billy Claude

1 hour ago, Wizard said:

He can do all that cheerleading stuff as a member of the Practice Squad. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.