Josh Allen looked better than Baker Mayfield... and he didn't play

transplantbillsfan

7 hours ago, Dopey said:

When the starter goes down, it makes sense for the backup to grab his helmet and go straight to his coaching staff for instructions. Curious why there is so much hate for someone you guys DON'T KNOW? Feels like he's that QB that kicked our ass for almost 2 decades. Some of you need better things in your lives to think about. Oh and Baker is way better than Darnold. 

it’s transplant. 
he can’t help himself 

Insert picture of Mr Spock 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

7 hours ago, Don Otreply said:

Be that as it may, both BM & TB are extremely douchy, although one more so than the other, it’s also telling that their initials stand for feces and a disease…, fitting don’t ya think…, 

You lost me there...

B.M. = Baker Mayfield

T.B.= Tom Brady 

20 hours ago, Forlorn hope said:

I know bills fans will hate me for this but I always thought baker reminded me of a young Kelly. Allen reminds me of Elway. 

And Darnold reminds us of Dan Marino 

3 hours ago, Putin said:

And Darnold reminds us of Dan Marino 

Come on man. 

Mayfield had one of the best rookie years ever for a QB. Took a step back when they hired a security guard as hc, then became one of the better qbs in 20. He was severely hurt last year....

He's a really good QB when he's dialed in 

10 hours ago, hondo in seattle said:

I don't get the Baker-Kelly comparison.

I do get Allen-Elway.  But, as crazy it might be to compare Allen to a HOFer, I believe Josh will become the better QB: better runner, better passer, better leader.

Elway and Allen are almost identical scouting profiles

Incredible generational arm 

Serious mobility and off schedule plays 

Clutch gene 

Both h.s pitchers 

Both from California 

Both were talked about going #1 overall for two years 

Both were the whole offense on a so so team in college

Both were also raw coming out. 

Mayfield being a prolific passer/ gunslinger in college along with being very cocky and immature early definitely reminds me of Kelly

I have no clue why the brownies did what they did but they will regret it. Total panic move after a injured year 

12 hours ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

Baker's arm is very underrated. I'd say he has well above average arm strength. 

It's insane to me that fans judge last year as his measuring stick. Baker looked crisper than josh at the end of year one (not in same stratosphere anymore), has played well more often than not. Last year had a torn up rotator cuff (labrum maybe?). 

Anyone ever have a shoulder injury like that? Can't lift your hand higher thsn your shoulder, let alone throw a DUKE ball with shoulder pads on lol he'll be healthy this year and had some accurate throws friday

Cleveland changed coaches a few times. Is not generally viewed as strongest support staff, not good for a qb like baker. I don't know the carolina is the pillar of stability he needs, but cant be worse than CLE and has healthy. He's going to be competitive 

• Like (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, BillsShredder83 said:

It's insane to me that fans judge last year as his measuring stick. Baker looked crisper than josh at the end of year one (not in same stratosphere anymore), has played well more often than not. Last year had a torn up rotator cuff (labrum maybe?). 

Anyone ever have a shoulder injury like that? Can't lift your hand higher thsn your shoulder, let alone throw a DUKE ball with shoulder pads on lol he'll be healthy this year and had some accurate throws friday

Cleveland changed coaches a few times. Is not generally viewed as strongest support staff, not good for a qb like baker. I don't know the carolina is the pillar of stability he needs, but cant be worse than CLE and has healthy. He's going to be competitive 

Baker was more NFL ready. He hit is ceiling. what you have seen is the best going to get. Mid tier qb. Panthers arent going on any superbowl runs anytime soon. Nor were the Browns.

8 minutes ago, badassgixxer05 said:

Baker was more NFL ready. He hit is ceiling. what you have seen is the best going to get. Mid tier qb. Panthers arent going on any superbowl runs anytime soon. Nor were the Browns.

I'm not so sure about that man. He can play with anyone when he's on. He's a legitimate talent at the position. Not tier one but very high end tier two. He's better than tannehil and cousins imo

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

19 minutes ago, Forlorn hope said:

I'm not so sure about that man. He can play with anyone when he's on. He's a legitimate talent at the position. Not tier one but very high end tier two. He's better than tannehil and cousins imo

There are two Bakers.  There was the Baker he was when he got out of college which could only play limited offense schemes and Baker he was after Alex Van Pelt broke him down and rebuilt him (there were a number of articles on it).  He was a much better QB before he was injured and with a good offense coordinator.

13 hours ago, Dopey said:

You lost me there...

B.M. = Baker Mayfield

T.B.= Tom Brady 

Bowel movement = BM 

TuBerculosis  =  TB 

Those are the accepted abbreviation for each, 

On 8/27/2022 at 11:21 PM, transplantbillsfan said:

I don't know if this got legs in the gameday thread, but I thought it was pretty notable what happened when Darnold injured his ankle/foot.

It seemed pretty clear Sam was respected in the locker room with tons of Carolina players coming up to him to pat him on the shoulder or give him whatever reassurances they could.

But there was one high profile Panther Quarterback who (at least from what I could see) never even set foot on the field after Sam's injury and one high profile Bills QB who went right up to the cart to give the dejected Darnold his get wells and condolences...

He should be suspended or cut for fraternizing with the opposing team in the middle of the game.  How do we know he wasn't passing along some of the game plan during this incident? 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.