Bills show what a class organization they are

marck

13 minutes ago, HiMark said:

I am glad we cut him, right move, but would still like to know whether Commissioner's exempt list was even an option?  Didn't come up in the NFL discipline articles.

This has been discussed at length already but the NFL couldn't do that because the incident happened before he was drafted.

2 minutes ago, Arkady Renko said:

And “at will” is not really the situation when you have a CBA.  

Not a lawyer here, but I actually think a CBA doesn't change the sitch.  I think if you were to say you cut a player because of his religion or his sexual orientaion, that there would be grounds for suit.  And the NFLPA would be glad to help.

2 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

This has been discussed at length already but the NFL couldn't do that because the incident happened before he was drafted.

Good for you for discussing it at length.  I was suggesting that there was a distinction between league discipline--which the articles I read discussed--and the Comm. exempt list, which did NOT come up in what I had read.

If you don't actually know, fine.  If you do know, elaborate.   If you can post a link to an article, I'll read it.

51 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

I think it’s silly to say The bills are a class organization because they released MA 

When they have a alleged murderer on the wall of fame and another player with who got arrested for domestic abuse

Now I’m not saying those things make them a classless organization… But They are a football organization

They generally do what they think is in the best interest of the team… I didn’t think them keeping Dodson made them classless… Tho some certainly did

And I don’t equate them cutting MA to class

It was a business decision

Again I’m not Saying it isn’t … rape is obviously much much more serious 

I’m saying it’s hard call the bills a classy or classless organization based on one roster transaction

We have an alleged murderer on the wall of fame

I think you make a lot of valid points to be honest.

It was a business decision at the end of the day.

LIke if JA17 gets accused of an accusation like this, there is 0 percent chance the bills cut him haha.

We are talking about a rookie punter here that can easily be replaced.

I think the bllls did the right thing by cutting him, but i do agree with the overall premise of your points.

7 minutes ago, HiMark said:

Not a lawyer here, but I actually think a CBA doesn't change the sitch.  I think if you were to say you cut a player because of his religion or his sexual orientaion, that there would be grounds for suit.  And the NFLPA would be glad to help.

Good for you for discussing it at length.  I was suggesting that there was a distinction between league discipline--which the articles I read discussed--and the Comm. exempt list, which did NOT come up in what I had read.

If you don't actually know, fine.  If you do know, elaborate.   If you can post a link to an article, I'll read it.

I think you misunderstand me.  I’m pushing back on the “at will” concept pushed by the prior poster and others.   I’m noting the CBA adds other complications. 

• Like (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, HiMark said:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/08/26/did-the-bills-know-about-the-allegations-against-matt-araiza-when-drafting-him/

The league should want them to cut him, if the Bills (or the league) think that the allegations are credible and more likely than not accurate. If this had happened after Araiza had been drafted, he’d likely be headed for paid leave while the criminal process continues — instead of 13 days from making his official debut on NBC in the first regular-season game of the year. Given that it transpired six months before he entered the NFL, the only way to keep him off the field is to remove him from the team.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Arkady Renko said:

I think you misunderstand me.  I’m pushing back on the “at will” concept pushed by the prior poster and others.   I’m noting the CBA adds other complications. 

Last 3 lines were a reply to Doc Brown, not you.  Not sure why they merged

5 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Yeah, it’s real good for Matt.  Lol.  That’s such a bad lie.  

I don’t think it was a lie. I think Beane actually wants to give him space to manage his legal issues. I get the sense Beane is only releasing Matt because of public perception.

McD is the only one in the org who has talked about how horrific this could be. McD seemed legitimately shook the other night. I’d imagine having daughters makes this one difficult for him. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, UKBillFan said:

The only misstep for me is cutting Haack over Araiza. If they knew this was hanging over the latter, why cut the former when they did?

Honestly man they were likely done with Haack regardless. He was a very bad punter last year. 

1 hour ago, Georgie said:

He pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor and was suspended 6 games. The Araiza situation does not appear close to resolution.

Also an entirely different situation Dodson was in the NFL therefore the way that he was going to be punished is different the NFL was going to do absolutely nothing in the really Ariza situation so it was totally up to the bills to do the right thing

Edited by John from Riverside

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.