Bills show what a class organization they are

marck

Lets take the opportunity to congratulate the Buffalo Bills organization for the way they handled this very difficult issue with Matt Ariaza.

Each step was calculated, the response measured and the action swift and deceive.

Maybe organizations like the Browns and Dolphins can use this to learn that in player acquisition ethics, integrity and character are far more important then play on the field.

• Like (+1) 27
  • Vomit 2
  • Eyeroll 4
  • Disagree 2
  • Agree 17
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 3
  • Dislike 3

4 minutes ago, marck said:

Lets take the opportunity to congratulate the Buffalo Bills organization for the way they handled this very difficult issue with Matt Ariaza.

Each step was calculated, the response measured and the action swift and deceive.

Maybe organizations like the Browns and Dolphins can use this to learn that in player acquisition ethics, integrity and character are far more important then play on the field.

100%.  Class act all the way.  Not just today, but even not rushing to judgement on Matt and trying to find out facts recognizing this was an accusation prior to this.  

I completely applaud everything they have done in the handling of this.  Even how McD handled the post game PC refusing to talk football and only talk about this because this is bigger than a game.  

Beane and McD handling of the press conference too was all class act despite some sleezy attempts by reporters to force narratives to try and paint a bad picture for click bait headlines.  

Proud this is the team I am a massive fan of.  

• Like (+1) 16
  • Agree 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 8

I mostly agree, but I'd still pump the breaks just a tiny bit, as we can't confirm for sure what they knew before even drafting him, or how much they knew the past couple months.

Some reports suggest other teams were aware of certain things about this case pre-draft (hence the best punting prospect in ages being the 3rd off the board), and others say the Bills were made aware of aspects as early as June.

I really don't know, but I'd just caution heaping too much praise right away. Still, they do deserve credit for moving on this quickly, and that is something I 100% support.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 3
  • Disagree 6
  • Dislike 4

1 minute ago, BigDingus said:

I mostly agree, but I'd still pump the breaks just a tiny bit, as we can't confirm for sure what they knew before even drafting him, or how much they knew the past couple months.

Some reports suggest other teams were aware of certain things about this case pre-draft (hence the best punting prospect in ages being the 3rd off the board), and others say the Bills were made aware of aspects as early as June.

I really don't know, but I'd just caution heaping too much praise right away. Still, they do deserve credit for moving on this quickly, and that is something I 100% support.

That is a BIG question!

But, to be fair, double digit teams have said that they knew nothing!

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, BigDingus said:

Who cares, he’s gone. A 48-hour distraction  that’s over.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, BigDingus said:

In fairness, most mock drafts had Araiza as the third or fourth punter to go due to doubts surrounding hang time and holding.

• Like (+1) 4

I trust that the Bills got enoughdetails and made a decision based on knowing enough and this would turn into a media circus distraction. People can jump to their own conclusions but any type of involvement is no good for a team like the Bills which has a HC who prides himself in having high character players on the team.

The Bills are not the Browns,  the answers and end of this case may take years and they need to move on.  

Maybe now the ambulance chaser lawyer of the accuser can now focus on all 3 defendants and not just Matt because he is a NFL PLAYER.  Her lawyer was tweeting out details the past few days that focused solely on Matt. If the accuser was indeed gang raped and beaten then people responsible should be punished in a criminal court of law not looking for payouts

• Agree 4

1 minute ago, Victory Formation said:

I think they intended on moving on from Haack regardless of Araiza.

Possibly. They could have held on to both until Tuesday and cut Haack then though; bought some time to see if anything else came out.

As you say, perhaps they decided there were enough free agent punters and those who will appear on waivers that we considered ourselves in a better position cutting Haack whatever the outcome with Araiza.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, BigDingus said:

People need to stop with the predraft stuff, its been overwhelmingly confirmed that it was not known predraft by the Bills, the NFL, or other teams.  

This is the stuff that drives me crazy...no disrespect Dingus, I really mean no disrespect.  But people keep saying things like this that cause false information to persist. I get you may not have been privy yet to these facts, but its a dead issue...no one knew before the draft, and according to Beane neither Matt or his agent even knew until this summer about it or the potential civil case.  And that is because the criminal case had not even gotten started yet, so there had been no authorities or anyone contacting Matt either prior to the civil matter getting started.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

The only misstep for me is cutting Haack over Araiza. If they knew this was hanging over the latter, why cut the former when they did?

Haak was outta here even if they had to find a UKBillFan to punt.

(you’re better than Barkley, right?)

• Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.