McDermott/Beane press conference 8/27: Matt Araiza released

YoloinOhio

2 minutes ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

And this is the difference between the Bills and the Browns.  

There is no comparison for sure in terms of the organizations class.

But we are talking about a rookie punter vs a a pro bowl QB haha.

A lot easier to get rid of the rookie punter.

(I'm not saying what the browns did is right by trading/signing Watson )

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

My company is publicly traded they essentially tell you if you get a DUI or go bankrupr without telling them you will be fired. 

I’m a financial advisor, and have to certify annually with my employer that I haven’t done anything wrong, or have any outside business activities or legal issues. If I get a DUI, arrested, etc. or even just don’t pay a bill, it gets reported and I’d be fired.

• Like (+1) 4

Reporters were annoying the entire press conference.  Constantly trying to get Beane or McD to say something negative about Matt or the accuser.

The Bills judged these items to be accusations, they had not reached the point of charges, they did just as much review as any other team in the league, they talked to Matt about this, and they made the decision to move forward.  Does that make them perfect? No.  But reporters almost complaining that they didnt reach out to the accuser when there weren't charges is a joke.  Media looking for a story instead of reporting the one in front of them.

Beane sounded genuine to both Matt and the accuser.  It screamed to me "We told Matt if he is truly innocent, go figure this crap out and we will follow the results of the case accordingly".

Fair play to the Bills for handling this with class and precision.

• Like (+1) 9
  • Agree 7
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, BillsFan130 said:

There is no comparison for sure in terms of the organizations class.

But we are talking about a rookie punter vs a a pro bowl QB haha.

A lot easier to get rid of the rookie punter.

(I'm not saying what the browns did is right by trading/signing Watson )

I get you

• Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, dma0034 said:

While I believe the accuser it is important to note that some times the accuser is not being truthful (see: Patrick Kane) and that everyone is innocent until proven guilty.

I’m annoyed by these comments because I feel like you haven’t been following this as closely as some people have.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Starr Almighty said:

It would be unfair to the entire team having to field questions about this for an entire season. It would also be unfair to the fanbase having to hear about this after every game as well.

I don't disagree.  Araiza's own interests are subordinate to those of the team.  That's why he was released.  But that doesn't mean it was fair to him... 

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Well that ends that. Obviously Bills were not comfortable with the facts of this situation and moved on. No issue from me 

It may have as much to do with all of the other factors as much as the facts or lack thereof.  

Best for the team.  And if it’s proven he is innocent then he can rebuild and move on. It’s not exactly like he was just a stranger caught up in something based on the initial evidence.  He was in the situation to a degree. 

I get the sense that BB was on the wait it out side. “He needs time to manage this situation”

But McD was on the “these are serious accusations and we are empathetic of the victim”

The ladies in the house are not happy with Bean at the moment and appreciated McD interjecting. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

7 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

Well doesn't he bare some responsibility? I mean have you been accused of raping a 17 teen year old? 

A civil lawsuit was filed only 48-hours ago and Ariza's had little or no opportunity to respond.  (In the legal system, he's got 30 days to respond to the complaint.)  Although the allegations are horrifying, the "evidence" against him that's been produced so far is not very convincing.   

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Mango said:

I get the sense that BB was on the wait it out side. “He needs time to manage this situation”

But McD was on the “these are serious accusations and we are empathetic of the victim”

The ladies in the house are not happy with Bean at the moment and appreciated McD interjecting. 

Beane was perfect, completely in charge. I only wish he had his shades on.

• Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Matt_In_NH said:

Good let’s get refocused on the process of winning the super bowl

Yep- just like that it's over.  Starting tomorrow will never have to answer a MA question again.  And as football fans we can all be spared a daily dissection of statutory rape laws, sexual abuse definitions, and disgusting ***** details

Edited by stevewin
  • Like (+1) 6

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.