The Bills are on to the regular season!

YoloinOhio

At this point I dont understand why it doesn't transition to Beane answering questions about MA.  He is responsible for the roster.  McDs job is to coach them.  Let Beane take the wind burn for all the MA crap and let McD focus on coaching

Edited by stevewin
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, I'm Spartacus said:

Is Jerry Sullivan still baned from press conferences? McDermott doesn't deserve some low class question from that tool.

oh God, I can just imagine.

”Sean, why didn’t you personally do more due diligence on Matt Araiza before drafting him?  Isn’t that the coach’s job?”

2 hours ago, Bangarang said:

Curious what the plan is if they aren’t going to have him on the field in any capacity. 

Surely they have to be planning for this press conference to be all about Araiza again. 

There are some available free agent punters. https://www.buffalorumblings.com/2022/8/27/23324591/list-of-free-agent-punters-for-buffalo-bills-to-sign-michael-palardy-matt-araiza  The Bills don't need to make any sort of definitive decision on Araiza until about September 7th.  They can bring in punter candidates for tryouts and tell the one they like to be ready if they call.  By then they'll need to decide if the evidence warrants cutting him, or if they should go ahead and play him, or keep him on the 53 man roster as an inactive, while signing a temporary punter to handle the job while waiting for Araiza's court case (or court cases if he is charged) and possibly league action to give them more of an indication where things are ultimately headed.

1 hour ago, BigAl2526 said:

There are some available free agent punters. https://www.buffalorumblings.com/2022/8/27/23324591/list-of-free-agent-punters-for-buffalo-bills-to-sign-michael-palardy-matt-araiza  The Bills don't need to make any sort of definitive decision on Araiza until about September 7th.  They can bring in punter candidates for tryouts and tell the one they like to be ready if they call.  By then they'll need to decide if the evidence warrants cutting him, or if they should go ahead and play him, or keep him on the 53 man roster as an inactive, while signing a temporary punter to handle the job while waiting for Araiza's court case (or court cases if he is charged) and possibly league action to give them more of an indication where things are ultimately headed.

I believe the teams and NFL cannot take action on Matt as the incident occurred before he came into the NFL.

1 hour ago, ganesh said:

I believe the teams and NFL cannot take action on Matt as the incident occurred before he came into the NFL.

They cannot based solely on a civil lawsuit, but I believe they can if he ends up being charged.  It's all a moot point.  Araiza will go through this, and if he is exonerated, he'll have a chance to resume his football career with somebody.  Otherwise, he's gone for good

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.