Our new punter will be (Update pg. 38 - Martin Signed)

JMM

4 minutes ago, NickelCity said:

Whomever the Titans cut.

Kern as a vested veteran will not be subject to waivers, and can sign with whoever he chooses.  Hometown boy with a shot at a ring.  Kern's dad was a standout soccer goalkeeper at Buffalo State where he played on the same team as Randy Smith.

Edited by BearNorth
  • Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

What's reasonable?  Average yards in your opinion?

End result, 

1 minute ago, BearNorth said:

Kern as a vested veteran will not be subject to waivers, and can sign with whoever he chooses.  Hometown boy with a shot at a ring.

Yes, and Tennessee would add about $1,500,000 to their available cap by going with back-up punter

• Like (+1) 1

I will be honest...I don't really care. Matt was exciting because he could do stuff other punters could not.  Remove him, and well, I don't really care because any punter we bring in likely won't be any worse than Haack was last year.  

So it Matt is cut, and that looks probable at this point, then I am going to back to not really caring who the punter is, just as long as it wasn't Haack, who sucks.  Although, I reserve the right to yell "We need to draft a punter" when that inevitable first shank comes though 😂

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, JMM said:

First, I believe that Azaria will be released, as early as today. I agree with that decision, and all that discussion is in his thread.

I predict that we will sign Brett Kern from Tennessee,  who is likely to be cut on Tuesday.  3 time PB, having a great camp and still has a lively leg. Averaging 49yds in camp. He's also a home boy, Grand Isle native. And the best part is he's a coffin corner, pin em deep punter. That's perfect for us, with our O its not too often we will be putting from deep in our territory.  Keep an eye out for this. 

It’s awesome to know we have click bait posters here 

1 hour ago, shane nelson said:

Charges/allegations are not convictions.  AKA Duke lacrosse team.  Let the process play out

Final roster not even selected yet. They can cut whomever they please... for farting on the team plane if they wish. What's the upside of keeping him?? Just bring in someone else now, lick wounds from wasted draft pick, and move on. This is a perfect opportunity to reinforce culture / process... and to not be the Browns

17 minutes ago, JMM said:

Really?? So a discussion of a realistic scenario for the team is " click bait"? Sit down..

Was he released when you made this?  No, so your wrote a title that inferred something that hasn’t happened yet, or not based on fact.  

Click bait

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.