Our new punter will be (Update pg. 38 - Martin Signed)

JMM

37 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

Home town guy, Sabres fan, potential Super Bowl winners needing a punter and he’d still prefer to hang around as a cast off in Tennessee? 

Fair enough, we move on. 

Agreed, never heard of Brett Kern. His name is stricken from the record. 

• Haha (+1) 3

36 minutes ago, Yobogoya! said:

I don't know, Martin is a near-elite, proven veteran. Might just be they'll spend the money to lock that down and not have to worry about it. 

And I know people are quick to say it's "just a punter" but the first time we go three and out and whatever cheap, unproven guy we settle for shanks it, you're gonna have to wonder if it was worth an extra mil or two. 

We lost the season opener last year due to a blocked punt (and returned for TD)

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Yobogoya! said:

I don't know, Martin is a near-elite, proven veteran. Might just be they'll spend the money to lock that down and not have to worry about it. 

And I know people are quick to say it's "just a punter" but the first time we go three and out and whatever cheap, unproven guy we settle for shanks it, you're gonna have to wonder if it was worth an extra mil or two. 

Agree, but an extra mil here and there adds up.  We were thinking we had a punter on the cheap for the next 4 years.  

I'll allow it, as long as the people saying "just pay him" stop saying "just pay Poyer". 

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Agree, but an extra mil here and there adds up.  We were thinking we had a punter on the cheap for the next 4 years.  

I'll allow it, as long as the people saying "just pay him" stop saying "just pay Poyer". 

Just know that if we don’t pay poyer, then we will prob be looking at a first round safety…

1 hour ago, RunTheBall said:

As a fellow GI Viking, this hits me right in the feels. What a great place to grow up! 

And how cool would it be to have a former Viking punt for the Bills on a Super Bowl run? It’s meant to be!

You know you miss Adrian’s beef on weck! Haha

Adrian's was good. I miss Beach House wings and fish fry and John's chicken finger subs more.

Fun fact about Adrian's. I tried to get a job there and I was about to get hired and the old guy yelled at the woman interviewing me "NO MORE BOYS!" Obviously I didn't get it. Lol

Edited by That's No Moon
  • Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, whorlnut said:

Just know that if we don’t pay poyer, then we will prob be looking at a first round safety…

It also could be TE, ILB, DT or WR if we also don't sign Knox, Edmunds,  Oliver and Davis respectively !

2 minutes ago, whorlnut said:

Eh.. I wouldn't lose my mind over it.  I've certainly been a "For the love of God, draft Offense early" poster, but the positions we may be looking to address in this coming draft are more Day 2/Mid-Round positions (IOL, TE, RB, Depth WR).   

9 minutes ago, whorlnut said:

So, we can't go free agency (you know, the way we acquired Poyer and Hyde to begin with), someone already on the roster or a lower round draft pick?

10 minutes ago, ganesh said:

It also could be TE, ILB, DT or WR if we also don't sign Knox, Edmunds,  Oliver and Davis respectively !

My guess:

-Singletary and Poyer walk in the offseason.

-Saffold is potentially re-signed

-Edmunds gets paid and Milano is traded

-Knox, Oliver and Davis are all long term Bills

• Dislike 1

5 minutes ago, SCBills said:

My guess:

-Singletary and Poyer walk in the offseason.

-Saffold is potentially re-signed

-Edmunds gets paid and Milano is traded

-Knox, Oliver and Davis are all long term Bills

Knox and Oliver are priorities. The Bills have nothing in reserve.

Davis maybe too expensive. Plus Josh is used to having a different WR2 every year. Shakir looks promising already.

Cook will replace Singletary, and Johnson did well subbing for Poyer. Let them walk.

4 minutes ago, unbillievable said:

Knox and Oliver are priorities. The Bills have nothing in reserve.

Davis maybe too expensive. Plus Josh is used to having a different WR2 every year. Shakir looks promising already.

Cook will replace Singletary, and Johnson did well subbing for Poyer. Let them walk.

Johnson also needs to be re-signed, but would obviously be much cheaper than Poyer. 

If they are serious about keeping Davis, I'd lock him down next offseason.  If not, then they could end up losing him when his rookie deal is up.  Definitely will be expensive.  

Edited by SCBills

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.