Our new punter will be (Update pg. 38 - Martin Signed)

JMM

6 minutes ago, Kmart128 said:

Sam Martin is best available. He was a nice little suprise to be let go. I wanted Kern but Martin is 4 years younger and has a stronger leg.

Punting in the mile high city also gives you a boost to your leg because of the elevation 

It’s like hitting home runs at Coors field

You would need to match up their away punting  stats to really tell the tale

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, UKBillFan said:

I agree.

But the question is, if we are looking at someone to flip the field, who are the best options available? Are there any options available?

With the Bills offense, assume they start at  the 20 or 25 from a touchback, get one first down and stopped on next drive after gaining 7 yards.  That's puts them at their own 40.  A 40 to 50 yard kick would have the the opponent fielding between the 10 and 20. Most kickers can get at least half their kicks that far, conversely the Bills getting stopped on offense after only one first down should not happen that often.  2 to 3 first downs on a drive and you're at the 50 and beginning to think about not even bothering to punt.   My point is eally not that hard to flip field with the Bills offense.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, DCbillsfan said:

Curious to see how Bills approach acquiring punter.  Are they looking for a young guy on the cheap, an older veteran on a 1 year deal and get a young cheap guy this off season, or perhaps sign a veteran to multi year deal?

And decent young punter will be on a team already. I guess it’ll be a veteran to a one year deal and we’ll extend if they do a reasonable job, unless a punter we like falls to us on the draft.

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, DCbillsfan said:

Curious to see how Bills approach acquiring punter.  Are they looking for a young guy on the cheap, an older veteran on a 1 year deal and get a young cheap guy this off season, or perhaps sign a veteran to multi year deal?

any young guy getting cut wasn't good enough to make their team

A vet getting cut usually signals cheaper option was chosen

My guess is they go with an older pro who has shown consistency

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Likely the Bills will have their choice.  If I'm a vet punter or any punter, I'd be excited about going to Buffalo with chance to go to SB.  Unless of course no punt games are just a complete turn off to you. 

Don't believe any other teams currently don't have a punter at all?

2 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

And decent young punter will be on a team already. I guess it’ll be a veteran to a one year deal and we’ll extend if they do a reasonable job, unless a punter we like falls to us on the draft.

Somehow this idea sounds familiar to me??

Edited by Ed_Formerly_of_Roch
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.