Our new punter will be (Update pg. 38 - Martin Signed)

JMM

9 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

If we're close enough to be able to pin a team inside the 10 with a directional punt, we should be going for it on 4th down - not punting.

Therefore, there's no point in having a punter like that unless McDermott wants to get conservative this season.

If it's not 4th and short and we're outside of FG range why would we not want to have someone who can pin it inside the 10?

I want a punter that can flip field position

Don't really care about pinning a team deep as I would like to see the bills go for it on fourth almost all the time once near mid field 

35 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

If it's not 4th and short and we're outside of FG range why would we not want to have someone who can pin it inside the 10?

Personally anything under 4th and 10 at mid field, I'd like to see the bills go for it

7 minutes ago, Billzgobowlin said:

We have plenty of cap room with restructuring Dawkins.  I'm guessing Araiza's contract wasn't guaranteed either

It was not, and as it's an after-June 1 cut the Bills have moved part of his modest signing bonus to next year's cap.  We are carrying $52k dead money for Araiza.

Since Kern has been cut, we do not have to pick up his previous salary. 

Spotrac shows the Bills currently with $10.7M top-51 cap, -$6.96M overall cap.  Since "overall cap" is what matters when the "top 51" rule expires, it's a little hard to guess, but if I take my shot at the 53 man roster then add a reasonable guess for practice squad, I come up wiith $4-4.6M cap space.

Edited by Beck Water
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.