Our new punter will be (Update pg. 38 - Martin Signed)

JMM

3 minutes ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

Do you not remember Haak shanking 3 straight our Corey “Laces Out” Bojo ?

Punters are kind of important. 

Finding an average or even slightly below average punter shouldn’t be difficult. 

Haack was literally one of the worst punters in the league last year. Can you really say whether he had a positive or negative impact on the outcome of our season? It’s not that serious. 

• Agree 2

If the team does release he who shall not be named here, they will have options. Kern is a good one but may want more than the Bills offer. Jordan Berry is another decent FA. I suspect it may be someone a little more “under the radar”. It’s not an area where the team has been very successful the last couple of years anyways, and they still enjoyed much on field success. 

6 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

Finding an average or even slightly below average punter shouldn’t be difficult. 

Haack was literally one of the worst punters in the league last year. Can you really say whether he had a positive or negative impact on the outcome of our season? It’s not that serious. 

When your defense has to defend 45 yards yes, it matters. Bojo was a good punter but a bad holder, that very much matters. 

It clearly is difficult to find a good punter when this team still hasn’t replaced Brian Moorman. 

20 minutes ago, Dan Darragh said:

Cory Carter, late of the St. Louis Battlehawks.

I thought he looked good when the Bills had him in camp, got cut down by a cheap shot in a preseason game.

I forgot about him. He had a huge leg if I recall.

28 minutes ago, HOUSE said:

He must be a high character guy....

Yes.

He must be married at least 10 years, have at least four kids, 3 dogs, live in a nice middle-class neighborhood, and coach LL baseball in the off-season. And his wife must be wholesome and attractive, but modest, be a home room mom, bake, sew her kids school uniforms, and sell essential oils to earn money for the child from the slums of Kenya that the family sponsors through World Vision.

Edited by CSBill
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, dreadlox said:

If the team does release he who shall not be named here, they will have options. Kern is a good one but may want more than the Bills offer. Jordan Berry is another decent FA. I suspect it may be someone a little more “under the radar”. It’s not an area where the team has been very successful the last couple of years anyways, and they still enjoyed much on field success. 

My biggest thing is Bass, honestly. Find a P who won’t cause him to miss any kicks. 

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

My biggest thing is Bass, honestly. Find a P who won’t cause him to miss any kicks. 

We've gone from out-of-this-world punter to this. And "this" will be just fine with me as well.

Edited by CSBill

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.