Our new punter will be (Update pg. 38 - Martin Signed)

JMM

19 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Moorman should get a tryout. Kern works for me

Why should he get a tryout? He averaged 41.2 yards per punt in his final season. That was 9 years ago. For some perspective, that’s over a yard worse than every single punter that had at least 25 punts last season. You think that he might be one of the 32 best punters in the world now? 

10 minutes ago, BattlinBill said:

Eh, I'd be willing to have a lower punt average just to see Brian back in a Bill's jersey again. The man was a legend around here during his prime!

(Maybe a little sarcasm implied but he definitely used to be fun to watch)

Thurman Thomas was even more fun. Should they bring him in? 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

32 minutes ago, BattlinBill said:

Eh, I'd be willing to have a lower punt average just to see Brian back in a Bill's jersey again. The man was a legend around here during his prime!

(Maybe a little sarcasm implied but he definitely used to be fun to watch)

I’m not trying to be a jerk here, but why? BM was the symbol of how bad the Bills were for so long. When they featured him punting out of his own end zone, the Bills were at rock bottom. Bringing him back is inviting bad mojo for some good feelings from nostalgic fans over a bad time in Bills history. For me, it’s the same at Fitz. Why? We sucked when he was here. This team is loaded. Get a guy that can actually play instead of a feel good story

There are lots of guys who can fill that role and fill it well without having to bring in a sideshow nostalgic move. I want to win the super bowl and putting a 46 year old punter out there is not how to do it 

7 minutes ago, Captain Hindsight said:

I’m not trying to be a jerk here, but why? BM was the symbol of how bad the Bills were for so long. When they featured him punting out of his own end zone, the Bills were at rock bottom. Bringing him back is inviting bad mojo for some good feelings from nostalgic fans over a bad time in Bills history. For me, it’s the same at Fitz. Why? We sucked when he was here. This team is loaded. Get a guy that can actually play instead of a feel good story

There are lots of guys who can fill that role and fill it well without having to bring in a sideshow nostalgic move. I want to win the super bowl and putting a 46 year old punter out there is not how to do it 

I think Moorman gets his due credit for his punting and his surprising athleticism…..but endurance is often overlooked. Numbers could call me a liar, but he seemed like one seriously overworked punter. If your punter is your MVP, what more needs to be said? 

But he will ALWAYS be remembered for the way he was LIT UP by Sean Taylor….in a Pro Bowl of all things! 

6 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

I don’t think Moorman is seriously looking to make a comeback, to be honest.

That SEEMS like so long ago, he might be looking to come back from a hip replacement! 

• Haha (+1) 1

Bills worked out four punters Sunday

According to multiple reports, the Bills worked out Michael Palardy, Ty Long, Tyler Newsome, and Joseph Charlton on Sunday. They had veteran Matt Haack on the roster until last Tuesday, but he was cut as they moved to 80 players and he’s since signed with the Colts to replace the injured Rigoberto Sanchez.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/08/28/bills-worked-out-four-punters-sunday/

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, HOUSE said:

According to multiple reports, the Bills worked out Michael Palardy, Ty Long, Tyler Newsome, and Joseph Charlton on Sunday. They had veteran Matt Haack on the roster until last Tuesday, but he was cut as they moved to 80 players and he’s since signed with the Colts to replace the injured Rigoberto Sanchez.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/08/28/bills-worked-out-four-punters-sunday/

looks like they are moving from the “Matt’s” to the Ty’s.” 

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, HOUSE said:

I presume injury hurt Charlton’s career - he seemed to do ok for the Panthers but has done very little since the back issue in October 2021.

• Like (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, Captain Hindsight said:

Hence I put the word sarcasm in there....

1 hour ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Why should he get a tryout? He averaged 41.2 yards per punt in his final season. That was 9 years ago. For some perspective, that’s over a yard worse than every single punter that had at least 25 punts last season. You think that he might be one of the 32 best punters in the world now? 

Thurman Thomas was even more fun. Should they bring him in? 

Only if Bruce agrees to join him!!!

(Again as I said in the other post, it was sarcasm...don't get upset about it)

On Tuesday the Tennessee will release multiple pro bowl punter Bret Kern who happens to be from Grand Island.

As a vested veteran he will not be subject to waivers and will sign with the Bills.

being a 15 vet I’m sure he wants to get his well-deserved Super Bowl ring.

Excellent punter and great placement inside the 10 and has 16 years of holding experience

So let’s stop all the ridiculous projections  and move on

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, marck said:

On Tuesday the Tennessee will release multiple pro bowl punter Bret Kern who happens to be from Grand Island.

As a vested veteran he will not be subject to waivers and will sign with the Bills.

being a 15 vet I’m sure he wants to get his well-deserved Super Bowl ring.

Excellent punter and great placement inside the 10 and has 16 years of holding experience

So let’s stop all the ridiculous projections  and move on

Until the Titans throw a curveball and cut Stonehouse.

Just now, The Jokeman said:

Michael Palardy is also a former Panther during the Beane/McDermott times and is a lefty. He seems to be as good a choice as any.

Wow, you realize he is a terrible holder.  Jason Sanders had all kinds of problems with him holding last year.

Just now, UKBillFan said:

Until the Titans throw a curveball and cut Stonehouse.

Not likely as keeping Stonehouse saves them a net of 2.2 million in cap space

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.