Our new punter will be (Update pg. 38 - Martin Signed)

JMM

Haack apparently had a hugely successful debut punting against the Bucs. Colts announcers were gushing over him and saying he needed a nickname. At least for Haack he gets to punt in a dome. He can’t handle the elements.

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, JayBaller10 said:

Haack apparently had a hugely successful debut punting against the Bucs. Colts announcers were gushing over him and saying he needed a nickname. At least for Haack he gets to punt in a dome. He can’t handle the elements.

That’s why I would go after Kevin Huber when cut. Or just sign Jordan Berry now. Both have experience punting and holding in poor conditions.

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede

51 minutes ago, HOUSE said:

The idea would be to bring in a long time vet with holding experince, no time for experiments.  If he works out fine but this gives Buffalo the time to tryout other guys 

I don’t think I’ve ever seen a serious post from you, truly a unicorn post from you. In my opinion anyway 🤣

• Haha (+1) 2

19 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Another thing to remember is cap. A punter like Kern could be a could be a million or 2 more than some other punters cap wise.

If Kern is signed as a free agent, Tenn is on the hook for any unamortized signing bonus ($550K), and the Bills can negotiate what they are willing to pay, as can any other team.  Doubt anyone will trade for a punter under contract with a $2.2mm salary.

5 minutes ago, BearNorth said:

If Kern is signed as a free agent, Tenn is on the hook for any unamortized signing bonus ($550K), and the Bills can negotiate what they are willing to pay, as can any other team.  Doubt anyone will trade for a punter under contract with a $2.2mm salary.

There could be competition for Kern. I don’t think you get him for the minimum.

Sign the cheapest most experienced punter available. Someone we don’t have to worry about. No experiments.

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede

9 hours ago, Nelius said:

Saw that he made himself very vocally available to the Bills on Twitter and didn't even realize he was out of the league for so long. What was his deal exactly? He was a top punter in the league and then he was a bit of a distraction and was gone? I can't find anything about an injury or drop in performance. Honestly sounds like he was so annoying that it pushed him out of the league.

I remember he got a lot of penalties for dumb stuff like taunting and other preventable stuff. I think he had some good kicks, but lacked consistency. Kind of like Bojo. He got popular because of his unique personality and story, not because he was an elite punter.

After being cut by the Raiders unexpectedly, the Broncos signed him and he wasn't great. He was placed on IR and then cut. And that's the last we saw of him.

9 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

There could be competition for Kern. I don’t think you get him for the minimum.

Sign the cheapest most experienced punter available. Someone we don’t have to worry about. No experiments.

All the good punters are on a team already. If you pick one up off the garbage heap, they are going to be less than ideal and you are going to need to worry about them.

That's where we are.

5 minutes ago, MJS said:

All the good punters are on a team already. If you pick one up off the garbage heap, they are going to be less than ideal and you are going to need to worry about them.

That's where we are.

I didn’t say good. Jordan Berry would be just fine. He’s been a dependable holder for a good kicker in bad weather conditions.

2 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I didn’t say good. Jordan Berry would be just fine. He’s been a dependable holder for a good kicker in bad weather conditions.

All the fine ones are taken too. Whoever we sign will be a lesser punter.

6 minutes ago, MJS said:

That's where we are.

Just now, MJS said:

Yes, though the Titans appear to have two good punters. I would pay up to get the fella (probably Kern) that is let go. Unfortunate, but this is not a year to have subpar if there is a way to remedy a bad situation.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, MJS said:

We got through last year with Haack. OK, maybe we had higher hopes via the draft, but now we're in a position where we have to make the best of a bad situation. There are and will be adequate punters out there.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.