Our new punter will be (Update pg. 38 - Martin Signed)

JMM

25 minutes ago, Matt_In_NH said:

Yeah but can he sit on the sideline for three hours while the bills bash the patriots heads in?

You beat me to it.  Why all the concern about a player who will never be used this year?  🙀🦬🏋️♂️🙏

All kidding aside, some guys will shake loose once cuts happen Tuesday.  We only need a serviceable punter.  It was a nice bonus to have a guy who can knock it out of the park, but it’s not a necessity.

BREAKING: Cleveland #Browns have reportedly signed rookie punter Matt Araiza
"This is a culture fit for us. He's the epitome of everything we're trying to build here in Cleveland" said Browns GM Andrew Berry in a statement.

• Haha (+1) 5

19 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

You beat me to it.  Why all the concern about a player who will never be used this year?  🙀🦬🏋️♂️🙏

All kidding aside, some guys will shake loose once cuts happen Tuesday.  We only need a serviceable punter holder.  It was a nice bonus to have a guy who can knock it out of the park punt, but it’s not a necessity.

Fixed it for ya 😀

17 minutes ago, BTB said:

Watched the 1st half of the 1am replay of the Titans game(titans broadcast) and the announcers couldn’t stop ball washing Stonehouse or whatever his name is.  Kern is a goner.  

Agreed.  I really hope Kern is our punter.

10 minutes ago, HOUSE said:

I will go with the return of Matt Hacck. I am not sure why everyone believes he is a lock in Indy.  He is just an average punter in the  NFL. 

Haack is a below average punter, one of the worst in the league.  Based on this thread there are 8-12 teams with multiple punters competing.  Indy is likely in the market to upgrade Haack from this pool of candidates, so Haack may be available if he’s wanted. Because Haack is a lower tier punter, there is still hope to upgrade this position significantly in spite of everything. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.