Our new punter will be (Update pg. 38 - Martin Signed)

JMM

24 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

I saw a few titans fans on Reddit suggesting we are trading for Brett kern…he isn’t playing in their preseason finale despite being in a punting battle with their rookie punter and a starter not being named yet.  

Why trade for him if he's gonna be a cut casualty? He's able to sign with any team he wants 

7 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Why trade for him if he's gonna be a cut casualty? He's able to sign with any team he wants 

I think you answered your own question. 

If they want him and are worried he'll sign somewhere else once he's a FA, then it would make sense to acquire him for a late round pick. 

1 hour ago, BeastMode54 said:

If a big leg is what we were looking for for flipping the field, I'm all for Marquette King

This is whats disappointing about Araiza.

I feel like with how aggressive we'll be between the 40s that punting inside the 10 is really useless for me.  

I want the punter that will flip the field if we go 3 and out inside our own 30.  

That's what you want from your punter in 2022.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

46 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

The only issue I have in a trade is that the Bills inherit the salary of $2,750,000 which is a net cap hit of $2,000,000 on our cap which is currently at $10,082,000

• Thank you (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, Logic said:

Hasn’t punted in the NFL since 2016.

If we’re signing guys just because they’re from Buffalo, I’d like to suggest Chad Michael Murray.

Be more entertaining than the suggestions we’ve seen.

Or maybe just live your life? It’s a punter. The least important position on the team.

punters.

lol

1 hour ago, gr8billsfan said:

Marquette King

Saw that he made himself very vocally available to the Bills on Twitter and didn't even realize he was out of the league for so long. What was his deal exactly? He was a top punter in the league and then he was a bit of a distraction and was gone? I can't find anything about an injury or drop in performance. Honestly sounds like he was so annoying that it pushed him out of the league.

1 hour ago, Logic said:

Hasn’t punted in the NFL since 2016.

If we’re signing guys just because they’re from Buffalo, I’d like to suggest Chad Michael Murray.

Hence the keyword: tryout.

Also have you seen the dudes Twitter?

The man is absolutely jacked.

Edited by mob16151
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Bangarang said:

From what I’ve heard it’s pretty much a given that Kern will be cut. I’d be surprised if we trade for him though.

It could also be a courtesy to a vet they know will have a good opportunity to get the Bills job. Bills maybe even asked his agent to request that courtesy.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.