Our new punter will be (Update pg. 38 - Martin Signed)

JMM

• BuffaloBill changed the title to Our new punter will be (Update pg. 38 - Martin Signed)
5 hours ago, boater said:

For some reason I can't put my finger on it, but I'm salty at being spurned by Brett Kern. It's like it's a personal insult. I know it's just business so I know I should man-up and accept it. But I'm not there yet.

Anyone else feel the same?

My former roommate went to school with him. Said he was a real richard and was one of those kids that felt cool to cheer for teams like Dallas Pittsburgh and NE depending on who was winning. Take it with a grain of salt but I'm glad we signed not him, and the guy has better stats.

Theyre punters. Good grief I'd be cool if he punted for us 10years and never learned his name 😆..... its time to argue about 6th string WRs!!!

• Like (+1) 2

7 hours ago, boater said:

For some reason I can't put my finger on it, but I'm salty at being spurned by Brett Kern. It's like it's a personal insult. I know it's just business so I know I should man-up and accept it. But I'm not there yet.

Did Kern say no to us, or did the Bills not really pursue?  Talking to a player doesn’t mean real interest, just putting out feelers maybe?  Is Kern the better of the two?

Martin is a very good punter, stats wise an improvement over Haack.  Could really care less if Kern really did “spurn” us.  After the problems at punter this past week, the Bills ended up better than could have hoped.

3 hours ago, davefan66 said:

Did Kern say no to us, or did the Bills not really pursue?  Talking to a player doesn’t mean real interest, just putting out feelers maybe?  Is Kern the better of the two?

Martin is a very good punter, stats wise an improvement over Haack.  Could really care less if Kern really did “spurn” us.  After the problems at punter this past week, the Bills ended up better than could have hoped.

Martin was the better option.  They were probably targeting him once he became available but wanted to have Kern try out like the other 4 punters and Kern wanted assurances he had the job.

3 minutes ago, Doc said:

Martin was the better option.  They were probably targeting him once he became available but wanted to have Kern try out like the other 4 punters and Kern wanted assurances he had the job.

Also possible/likely is that Kern's agent told the Bills what his "Yes number" was and the Bills weren't willing to meet it.

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Punted well in Denver.... but so could a melting snowman. 

One of the better options of what was available for sure. How is his holding? 😄

Who have we released / IR'd to make space?

any idea on how did he punted away?  do we have any splits on that?

55 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

any idea on how did he punted away?  do we have any splits on that?

I haven't looked at it to tell you the truth. And Denver have been such a dull watch in recent years.... I do think of what is out there he is a solid choice.

According to PFR his career home average is 46.91 and on the road it's 45.29. So about a yard and a half better at home. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

12 hours ago, boater said:

No. Bills didn't want him. Kern's dad was saving face.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.