Our new punter will be (Update pg. 38 - Martin Signed)

JMM

4 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Reid Ferguson said yesterday he didn’t think it would take long for a new punter to get acclimated. Not sure if he’s just being optimistic but he seemed confident. 

Less than other players certainly, but the snap and hold routine for kicks is a real thing. It took Araiza about a month to get himself ready for that. Not saying this will kill our season, just a minor concern I have one week out from kickoff.

10 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

I wouldn't be shocked if the Colts pick up someone else, cut Haack, and the Bills bring Haack back.

I would.  He has been great with them in preseason.  Why would they change out whats working?

Bills gonna have to go cheap with this because of a lot of poor other decisions for many years now that is all building up in dead money.  I would expect them just to claim the Cin punter.

4 minutes ago, Rubes said:

I find it very odd that the Titans "are encouraging Brett to stay on the ready" in case the rookie does poorly. I mean, seriously, what self-respecting player would say, "Okay, cool, I'll just hang out for a while and be there for you in case the guy you preferred over me ends up sucking."

I get that he's made a lot of money and can do that, but still.

Yeah I mean just from a self-respect standpoint how do you not tell the team to F off when they go "we're gonna see if this younger, cheaper option works out but if not we'll definitely give you a call!" 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Less than other players certainly, but the snap and hold routine for kicks is a real thing. It took Araiza about a month to get himself ready for that. Not saying this will kill our season, just a minor concern I have one week out from kickoff.

Maybe it’s slight delusion but I’m hopeful that a veteran punter, such as Kern or Berry, will need less time to adjust than a rookie.

2 minutes ago, Back2Buff said:

I would.  He has been great with them in preseason.  Why would they change out whats working?

Bills gonna have to go cheap with this because of a lot of poor other decisions for many years now that is all building up in dead money.  I would expect them just to claim the Cin punter.

Besides OJ, who else? How much dead money do we have?

5 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Could be partly due to Araiza’s overall inexperience with holding. Chrisman held for 4 years in college, might help if he’s the guy. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Back2Buff said:

Yep, all those poor decisions that led them to Super Bowl favorite. How will we cope.

To paraphrase Bill Parcells. If you don’t make mistakes, you aren’t trying. The smart teams admit their mistakes quickly and move on. The dumb teams refuse to admit their mistakes.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, UKBillFan said:

Maybe it’s slight delusion but I’m hopeful that a veteran punter, such as Kern or Berry, will need less time to adjust than a rookie.

Chrisman isn’t a rookie but certainly less experience than those 2. With only 7 days until they leave for LA, it’s a concern no matter what. 

3 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Chrisman isn’t a rookie but certainly less experience than those 2. With only 7 days until they leave for LA, it’s a concern no matter what. 

Chrisman’s only benefit is his age. Question marks have to hang over him considering he’s been bouncing around practice squads (Bengals twice and Steelers once) since he joined the NFL.

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, Back2Buff said:

22 million in dead money this year.

Which puts us 17th in the league so we are roughly about average lol.  And yet we are Super Bowl favorites.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/cap/

1 minute ago, Albany,n.y. said:

Brett Kern isn't the one.  He doesn't want to come here.  The Titans told him to hang around in case the rookie doesn't work out & he's staying in Nashville. Per Sal on WGR. 

Yeah I just heard it.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Albany,n.y. said:

Brett Kern isn't the one.  He doesn't want to come here.  The Titans told him to hang around in case the rookie doesn't work out & he's staying in Nashville. Per Sal on WGR. 

Home town guy, Sabres fan, potential Super Bowl winners needing a punter and he’d still prefer to hang around as a cast off in Tennessee? 

Fair enough, we move on. 

16 minutes ago, Rubes said:

I find it very odd that the Titans "are encouraging Brett to stay on the ready" in case the rookie does poorly. I mean, seriously, what self-respecting player would say, "Okay, cool, I'll just hang out for a while and be there for you in case the guy you preferred over me ends up sucking."

I get that he's made a lot of money and can do that, but still.

He lives there with his entire family and his kids probably like their school etc, it's not like he's hanging around outside the stadium with a sign like that one guy the Bills cut. "Will punt for food" 😂. He's either going to punt for them if they need him or nobody it sounds like. I remember Fred Jackson had to leave his family behind as they had already began school by the time he went to Seattle and that must have been hard to be away from your kids for the entire season

• Like (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Reid Ferguson said yesterday he didn’t think it would take long for a new punter to get acclimated. Not sure if he’s just being optimistic but he seemed confident. 

Catch snap, kick ball.

Not like its a O or D player who has to learn play calls.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.